518c Switches - non digital

My nav light switch isn’t making good contact. I need to get under the console and look at the wires but in case I have to replace the switch, is it one that I can replace individually or do I have to replace the entire panel?
    2021 Phoenix 721 Pro XP

2. Member
    You can replace just the switch. I changed out my livewell switch earlier this year. I used the newer switch for the Z518c/Z519 with no problems. They changed a few years ago. MUCH MUCH better switches than the ones that came on our boats.

3. Member
    I doubt it's the switch not making good contact. Its probably a bad switch. I've been through 3 sets of panels on my 2018 rig because they either don't want to light up when pushed or just dont work at all.

You wouldn’t know what Ranger charges for them do you?
    2021 Phoenix 721 Pro XP

5. Member
    I have just purchased a 2018 Z518 and my compartment light dash switch would not light up. The compartment lights still worked. Got under the dash and fiddled with the spade connectors (just wiggled them a bit) and the backlight to the switch started working. Don't know if this can help you but figured it was worth a shot trying before you buy a new switch.

Quote Originally Posted by DogDoc15 View Post
    I have just purchased a 2018 Z518 and my compartment light dash switch would not light up. The compartment lights still worked. Got under the dash and fiddled with the spade connectors (just wiggled them a bit) and the backlight to the switch started working. Don't know if this can help you but figured it was worth a shot trying before you buy a new switch.
    I do appreciate the info sir. I’m gonna get under there before I buy a new one.
    2021 Phoenix 721 Pro XP

7. Member
    No idea on the price mine were replaced under warranty

Quote Originally Posted by jt c View Post
    No idea on the price mine were replaced under warranty
    2021 Phoenix 721 Pro XP