Thread: Solid vs. helix

Solid vs. helix

If I have helix mega SI and DI currently and want switch to solix can I just swap head units or do I have to rewire? Also, does solix have the same software issues? Thanks.

Very different power cord connection and transducer connection.

The Helix transducers have a 7 pin plug held in place with a cable collector along with the power cord.
    The SOLIX transducers have 14 pin plugs with an individual threaded locking ring and the power cord has a locking ring attachment also= no cable collector.

Very different software and menu system, plus the SOLIX is touch screen and buttons.

They have shared the depth readout issue though.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    So, all the good/easy things are different and all the bad things are the same.

Is there any way to petition Humminbird to add a screen on helix? I really want a SI across the top with a map and DI split on the bottom.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    So, all the good/easy things are different and all the bad things are the same.

Is there any way to petition Humminbird to add a screen on helix? I really want a SI across the top with a map and DI split on the bottom.
    Funny you should ask. A guy I fish with was saying that is the screen he wants :-)

I all honesty the difference in the two image wise seems minimal to me. I simply like the convenience and the different settings in my solix units. I do like the fact the screen can be resized on the Helix.

Personally if I had those units they would get used until the next gen of solix comes out.