Thread: Button

Button

My button on my foot pedal works some times. Took button off the pedal. Only thing under the button is a small spring. I do not see a reed. Can you tell me what to do .No reed under button just a spring.

2. Member
    my trolling motor is a ultrex

3. Banned
    I was just about to post on here the same thing. Mine is a maxxum and there is a spring and next to it is a magnet when pressed it makes contact and complets the circuit. I think mine is out because I have no power to it. As soon as I flip the switch to continuing it works fine. So either a new board or if I can buy a switch I will.

4. Banned
    Seems you are having the same problem as me.

5. Member
    The magnet energizes the reed switch when the button is pressed. Take a small magnet and put against the reed and see if the motor comes on. If it does, the reed needs to be pushed up in the holder. If it doesn't, the reed needs replacing. The reed is the piece in the center of the plastic holder.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

6. Member
    Where can you get the reed I’m having the same problem but cannot find a replacement reed after looking at it it’s wired into the control board an the wires would have to be cut an spliced back
    Bassman1987

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis hooper View Post
    Where can you get the reed I’m having the same problem but cannot find a replacement reed after looking at it it’s wired into the control board an the wires would have to be cut an spliced back
    We have the reed replacement kits in stock
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

8. Member
    Thanks I ordered 2 from the lady there thanks for your help she was very nice an helpful also
    Bassman1987