Thread: Finally!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Finally!

I am able to pull the trigger on a semi-auto shotgun. I am looking in the $700 range.
    im currently been using a moss berg maverick which has been awesome for a cheap pump. Have put thousands of rounds through it with zero issues and it’s been dropped while walking through swamps and yes as a boat paddle ect.
    has always fired. The only semi-auto I’ve got to fire is the beretta a300 which my dad bought a couple years ago and it feels great. Also have shot a Remington 1100 but I don’t have the funds for one of them or definitely don’t want to take it through a swamp. Have also eliminated the Remington 11-87. Any feed back is greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance

2. Member
    I still shoot the same Benelli Super Black Eagle One I have shot since 2000, but if I had to buy a new auto shotgun and had $700 to spend I would consider a Stoeger 3500 in black to save a little money.

3. Member
    If it was me... I'd go with the Beretta.
    Last edited by catchatoad; 10-20-2018 at 12:09 AM.

4. Banned
    Depends on what you are going to use it for.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Paduke View Post
    Depends on what you are going to use it for.
    Yup, what we going to shoot with it? I have a Benelli M2 and if you don't have the need for 3.5" shells it would be tough to beat. Kinda the SBE's little brother. The day I bought it I went to the gun shop to get a Remington that had a great rebate going. I handled the M2 just for the heck of it and it's the one I walked out with.

It’s a matter of what fits you and shoots good for you. I had a Winchester Super X2 that I just couldn’t miss with. I now have a Benelli SBE2 that shoots almost as good for me. But...not everyone likes those, or shoots well with those models. Any of the name brand semi-autos will work, but you will have to do some looking (and shooting) to find what is right for you.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

7. Member
    Check the pawn shops for a biakal mp153 no reason to own any others great gun for $300!
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Babe Winkleworm View Post
    Check the pawn shops for a biakal mp153 no reason to own any others great gun for $300!
    Don’t you have to change something on the gun when switching from different loads? If so, I wouldn’t recommend.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Junkie View Post
    Yup, what we going to shoot with it? I have a Benelli M2 and if you don't have the need for 3.5" shells it would be tough to beat. Kinda the SBE's little brother. The day I bought it I went to the gun shop to get a Remington that had a great rebate going. I handled the M2 just for the heck of it and it's the one I walked out with.
    Can you get a Benelli M2 for the $700 the op wants to spend? If so, it would be a good gun. There is a reason most of the guide services in Argentina use Beretta autos. It is because they are so reliable.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Junkie View Post
    I will be using it for everything but don’t need 3.5” to hunt. For me 3” is plenty. Also as mentioned by ky-triton I can’t afford a thousand dollar or more gun.

Sent you a pm being as my post was deleted.

12. Banned
    Beretta A300 12 ga 3” with 3 chokes is $623 at Buds.

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=346082
    Last edited by Chief Paduke; 10-15-2018 at 12:49 PM.

13. Member

USA

I have looked at a Hatfield ( sold only at Walmart, I think made in Turkey ) it did not look too bad for the price ( under $ 300 ) They got a pretty good review in ( Guns Magazine I think ). I have pump shotguns, but just thought I would take a look. Find a Walmart and take a look.

14. Member
    Went on a business trip to Nashville and made a stop in the Memphis bass pro and as far as feel, it’s a toss up between the beretta and Winchester sx4 both in black synthetic are in my price range, anyone have any real world experience of putting the SX4 through the ropes?

15. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Sent you a pm being as my post was deleted.

Your post was deleted because as the rules state no guns or ammo will be sold here on the BBC even in a PM, it states that in the Sticky above and the site owner is firm on this because of liability.
    LeaLea

16. Banned
    This seems to be a pretty honest and thorough review.

Even if I wanted to spend more, I’d still get the A300. Bought one for me son. Have buds that have bought several more and all have been flawless. I see no real need to spend more on a hunting auto. That said, I’d like to have a nice blued and walnut Beretta 20ga auto but that is purely a luxury item.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

18. Member
    Beretta all day long. Super reliable, very well made solid guns. Im a fan of gas guns vs inertia. My last beretta had over 10k rounds through it when i sold it. Would never buy any other shotgun.
    Skeeter Sx186 w/ yamaha 150

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Paduke View Post
    This seems to be a pretty honest and thorough review.
    This is a good first impression, but how will the gun hold up after thousands of rounds? I guess anything is possible and also noticed you have some adjustments on the stock, but looks like I would have to have it shaved off some (I’m short) so looks like I’ll be going with a beretta. I’ll post pics and results once I’ve got it in hand and have put it through the test

20. Moderator
    No better deal out there than the M2 from Dunns for $699.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast