Thread: Fitting

Fitting

13 200 pro xs. 2b009069. Just coming out of a lower crank seal repair. I cleaned my lower cowls up really well.. after running the motor for a couple hour i have noticed oil leaking out a fitting on the air plenum. The fitting is located directly to the left of the oil pump. It is a brass 90 degree fitting. Its apears to be leaking in the threads not the radial zip tie. How is the best way to seal this.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Is this the small oil-supply line check valve (90 degree)?

If so, it's threaded (and can be sealed with a thread sealant). Be VERY, VERY careful not to get any sealant into the check valve, and the oil injection system should be PRIMED on the Computer Diagnostic System before it's run again.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    It does have a small line on it about 2.5 inches going to the oil pump. Looking in the service manual it is on the adapter plate behind the air plenum

Edit: found it on page 3c -4 . You are correct it is a check valve.
    Last edited by Redngoo; 10-14-2018 at 03:41 PM.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

4. Member
    Got oil line and fitting back on got oil prime sequence completed. All i like is bleeding oil tank. Hopefull i should be good to go. Thanks to european marine for getting parts to me.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor