Unusual handling question 32 bc4

So I purchased a used 32bc chopper for a topend wheel. Holeshot is pretty, midrange solo is good,midrange with two is weak. Dosent seem to carry the bow early or well... but ran 92.0 with 2 and 93.8 solo. I was happy
    With 2 up speed but disappoint in the solo speed. Because the 2 up speed came easish and I had to pushed a bit to get the solo speed.

So here’s the weird handling..

Does not tolerate trim but bow feels low. I blew it out trimming aggressively in the 80s and washed the sides. So I trimmed slower and more deliberately. It likes to run 92.5/93 solo and extra extra trim makes the boat want to run skewed like one or 2 degrees clockwise I think that is called crabbing. Also the bow kinda wanted to make small circles. Bump down and back to locked in and straight, Bump up and it would restart.. i tried moving weight forward back and left right.

I don’t know what is needed or if it’s about right.

Too much blade area?
    Need more or less lift?
    Bow or stern?
    Too much diameter?
    Inherent of higher pitched props?

Just curious if overs experiences

My 28p BC P4 has similar running characteristics. It’s likes to run flat and takes some patience to string out. It’s fast but does not like trim. My 30p BC P3 is quite different. Lots of bow lift and speed, but at the cost of poor holeshot. I like these props for playing around, but most of the time I have one of my XOBs bolted on.
    Brad Luchsinger

2003 Allison XB-21 BasSport 2+2
    2004 Mercury Racing 250XS

1998 Xpress X70
    1998 Yamaha Vmax 150 TRP

2002 Triton 200XP

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xb03fs View Post
    So I purchased a used 32bc chopper for a topend wheel. Holeshot is pretty, midrange solo is good,midrange with two is weak. Dosent seem to carry the bow early or well... but ran 92.0 with 2 and 93.8 solo. I was happy
    With 2 up speed but disappoint in the solo speed. Because the 2 up speed came easish and I had to pushed a bit to get the solo speed.

So here’s the weird handling..

Does not tolerate trim but bow feels low. I blew it out trimming aggressively in the 80s and washed the sides. So I trimmed slower and more deliberately. It likes to run 92.5/93 solo and extra extra trim makes the boat want to run skewed like one or 2 degrees clockwise I think that is called crabbing. Also the bow kinda wanted to make small circles. Bump down and back to locked in and straight, Bump up and it would restart.. i tried moving weight forward back and left right.

I don’t know what is needed or if it’s about right.

Too much blade area?
    Need more or less lift?
    Bow or stern?
    Too much diameter?
    Inherent of higher pitched props?

Just curious if overs experiences
    Could the motor be a little bit too high?