Livescope cone direction on the screen. How to?

Could somebody explain how can i turn it on my 1022xsv?

Tks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Trying to do this from memory, so that's sketchy. If you are using a single unit. Menu->Setup->Installation-AHRS ON
    Let us know if this works. I'm wondering if it shows on all units. On a network with multiple units, apparently some units won't show it. On my network, I can't get it to show on a 942xs networked through a GMS10. Shows on 1242T and 7610.

Maybe Todd can help us with this. Are there some units that don't show the AHRS cone or maybe we are doing something wrong?
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 10-14-2018 at 08:31 AM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Trying to do this from memory, so that's sketchy. If you are using a single unit. Menu->Setup->Installation-AHRS ON
    Let us know if this works. I'm wondering if it shows on all units. On a network with multiple units, apparently some units won't show it. On my network, I can't get it to show on a 942xs networked through a GMS10. Shows on 1242T and 7610.

Maybe Todd can help us with this. Are there some units that don't show the AHRS cone or maybe we are doing something wrong?
    Humm interesting. Yes, I'm running a single unit. Just checked and the AHRS was already on.

Could you tell me the correct name of this tool? So I can ask to Garmin support.

Thanks Leonard.

4. Member
    AHRS Attitude and Heading Reference System pointer. It's a fancy compass. Once you have it on, then you have to calibrate it. Also if it's mounted on the torpedo of the trolling motor it is doubtful it will work correctly because of the magnetic fields there.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Most simply call it the view cone. You must calibrate your Panoptix compass. This cone automatically appears after you calibrate.
    Garmin Pro Team

6. Member
    I don't have it but have not tried a calibration yet. I was under the understanding you needed a heading sensor like SteadyCast to get it. I hope not. My stick has a handle and a pointer on top I just been looking where it is pointing.

Quote Originally Posted by D Johnson View Post
    I don't have it but have not tried a calibration yet. I was under the understanding you needed a heading sensor like SteadyCast to get it. I hope not. My stick has a handle and a pointer on top I just been looking where it is pointing.
    Mines calibrated and transducer is mounted about 7 inches above trolling motor housing. It’s never, or rarely, correct on the way it’s pointing. Only thing I have is Livescope transducer tied to 93sv plus.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Most simply call it the view cone. You must calibrate your Panoptix compass. This cone automatically appears after you calibrate.
    I'll try it next time! Tks!

Quote Originally Posted by CHECrappie View Post
    Mines calibrated and transducer is mounted about 7 inches above trolling motor housing. It’s never, or rarely, correct on the way it’s pointing. Only thing I have is Livescope transducer tied to 93sv plus.
    Yes, with mine 7 inches up the shaft, and with calibration my view cone is close but still a little off due to magnetic interference from trolling motor.
    Garmin Pro Team