New Berkley shock rod

Wondering if anyone has tried this yet. I have a Lightning shock rod I really like but apparently they are bing replaced by the new shock rod.

2. Member
    There is a thread on bass resource about them. It seems they are an improvement over the old model....which was well regarded before the improvements. I'm thinking I need to try one. Have a spinning model that is over 40 years old. Pretty hard to beat them at their price.

Are they on the market yet? I know TW had/has them available for pre order.

4. Member
    I haven’t actually laid eyes on them yet but a few local Walmart’s show them in stock so I’ll check them out.

Cool, let us know what you think. I wonder if the price will remain the same.

6. Member
    Just came from Walmart. Apparently they have mislabeled Lightning Shock Rods as the new shock rods online. They even show the new rod pictures. Not a total loss though, I picked up another Lightning Shock rod and an Insight Pro Model Brett Chapman Rod. It looks really nice so we’ll see how it works. I guess we’ll have to keep waiting for the new shock rod.

7. Member
    They had shock rods at our Wal-Mart last spring on sale for $19 ea, bought one to check it out. Nice rod. Went to pick up another ,marked down to, $9 . Bought the last 3.