Is this a punching skirt?

I ordered a punching skirt and was sent what is in the first image. I've always thought punching skirts are like the ones in the second image.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Sure looks like replacement skirt for a jig to me

3. Member
    Yes they sent you the wrong skirt for sure .You are right.

4. Member
    Might be a skirt from a punching jig but it is not a "punch skirt."

5. Member
    Bought it online from a company called Bass Addiction. He keeps arguing with me these are punching skirts even though I've shown him examples. Oh well, I'll take it as a lesson learned.

6. Member
    Looks like their "punch weights" have a skirt holder molded into them for use with these skirts. http://bassaddictiongear.com/epages/...D_PUNCH_WEIGHT

So for use with their weights they will work but will not work with a typical punching weight.

Agree with the above.

If you want real punch skirts or "punch hubs" as I've started calling them to avoid confusion like this, I'd suggest shooting Paul at ACT Lures a message. He'll make you whatever color pattern you could dream up, and they're tied (not banded) on an aluminum (not plastic) hub (I've found that plastic ones will flex and allow the skirt to come apart, or even sometimes break!). They're incredibly reasonable at that - my last order for a specific combination of colors in the skirt was $24 to my doorstep for 10 of them. That'd be a lifetime supply for me if not for the damned pike. Now that pricing may have changed over time or may change with different color patterns or combinations, but I thought this price was incredibly reasonable for a custom job. His BBC username is paulpus.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34