Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    Dan that tray looks really good. I don't use a foot pedal and I want to put one in. I would like the tool holder and cup holder.
    That Tim Powell guy is a dealer... I like that tray for sure.
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

Here is a picture that shows some of my remodel. I tried it at different angles and heights with blocks before building the insert plate. This is the most comfortable for me and still allows quick access to the function switches. Note the cup holder I put another in front of the console that is also a tool holder.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    Is that a sleeve covering the transducer cable?

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Here is a picture that shows some of my remodel. I tried it at different angles and heights with blocks before building the insert plate. This is the most comfortable for me and still allows quick access to the function switches. Note the cup holder I put another in front of the console that is also a tool holder.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

4. Member
    I'll have some pics of my tray install tomorrow, it went fine.

Is that a sleeve covering the transducer cable?
    Yes sir; It's expandable weave, same stuff they make fishing rod sleeves with.
    There are 3 cables inside--transducer, speaker and I-pilot link.. I use that stuff a lot, especially for bundling wires. You can buy it by the foot in different colors and sizes.

I dig the red on the carpet. Email me a few photos of that when you get a chance Mike. I’m trying to decide on carpet or something else. If I carpet I want to do that.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

will do -- might be a day or two.

8. Member

I've still got to route and tie up the cables but you get the idea.

It turned out great and the deck seems to be as solid as it was with the factory tray.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Member
    Sweet!
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

Joe ain't Skeered !!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Joe ain't Skeered !!
    Making the first cut was tough on the nerves but after that it was down hill

Looks good! I am about to buy a Terrova. Does anyone know of a shallow foot tray made for the Terrova/Ulterra?

You may want to try the low profile foot control of the Terrova first if you have not used one.
    I made a plate to put mine level with the deck.. Same deal as the Ultrex with the function switches. you put it below deck and it's tough to get a toe on one.

14. Member
    Joe I only have one question. Did you go to the Tim Powell school on cutting and trimming? LOL. Your hole cut is a tad prettier than his pedal trimming job last year I must say. But thank God for that flange on the tray. Ha!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    Joe I only have one question. Did you go to the Tim Powell school on cutting and trimming? LOL. Your hole cut is a tad prettier than his pedal trimming job last year I must say. But thank God for that flange on the tray. Ha!

I will say this, whatever the composite material is in the deck is TOUGH! I didn't take a picture of what it did to a brand new jigsaw blade but Seth saw it - it literally took the teeth off. I went through 2 blades to get the hole cut and then had to finish with an oscillating type saw. I had to push pretty hard on the jig saw to get it to cut through it. It definitely wasn't easy keeping it straight.

But, the main reason for the poor cut is that the template (cut lines) were on the slightly raised edge of the factory tray in places. That made it difficult to stay on a straight line as well.

16. Member
    Don't worry Joe. When Tim got through grinding on his pedal it looked like the pedal was a star in The Texax Chainsaw Massacre. LOL. Yours is fine. Just pok'n a little fun. You remember how to tell the difference in a bad carpenter and a great one don't you? A great carpenter knows how to cover up his mistakes. LOL

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    Don't worry Joe. When Tim got through grinding on his pedal it looked like the pedal was a star in The Texax Chainsaw Massacre. LOL. Yours is fine. Just pok'n a little fun. You remember how to tell the difference in a bad carpenter and a great one don't you? A great carpenter knows how to cover up his mistakes. LOL
    No doubt

Even with all that trimming I did, I still had to "lightly" tap the tray into the opening - it was a tight fit but I had done about all the cutting I was going to do

18. Member
    You guys would have a heart attack if you seen what I use to cut most of them out with.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wayne View Post
    You guys would have a heart attack if you seen what I use to cut most of them out with.
    Sawzall?

I came close to trying on because the composite material was so tough to cut.

20. Member
    I've used a sawzall in the past but started using a skillsaw and it makes a much cleaner cut. Just have to be really careful and stop short of the corners and finish with a sawzall so you dont x the corners. When I install one of the regular comfortrolls I use a sawzall on the rounded side. I'e installed a bunch of pans in a bunch of different kinds of boats.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast