H20B Trophy Plus 21pitch prop

Folks...just wanted to share that my boat had a power tech Ofx 21pitch prop on it when I purchased it and I’m not even a very experienced boat guy and I had a sense something wasn’t right....it would cavitate if it wasn’t trimmed just right, had lots of porpoise, wouldn’t hold plane at slower speeds.....etc.

i read lots of bbcboard posts on props and especially props on h20b boats and seemed the trophy plus would be a good fit?

so I sucked up the $550+ and got the seal ring and solid plugs....stuck it on and just got back for running it and I’m very happy to say that it was like a different boat. There was nothing going on with the boat that I didn’t like!!

Boat is HB20b, Yamaha vmax 150 sho,trophy plus 21p, Speed was 55 at 5900rpm

I have same setup where did you buy it from and what part numbers. How much better is it and what is your prop to pad measurement. Right now mine goes 52 @ 5300 rpm.
    Thunderflight
    Xpress H20 Bay
    F150LB Yamaha
    Pro High Jacker Z-Lock manual 6 in jackplate 4.5 prop to pad
    Power Tech OFX 21 55 mph
    MinnKota 80 Terrova I-Pilot US2 Bluetooth
    Lowrance HDS-7 Touch/Helix 5/GoFree Wifi/Ram mounting systems
    NOCO Gen 3 3 bank charger

SEMPER FI

3. Member
    Sorry about the late reply. I got the prop off ebay for vendor. search on: Mercury Trophy Plus Propeller 21" Pitch 48-825934A47

The boat handles great now and got 55mph at 5900rpm. I like to go fairly slow in shallow water and couldn't do that with the stock power tech prop that came with the boat.

I have 6" Manual Jackplate and PTP is set at 4"

I'm not a boat/prop expert so was concerned about spending a lot of $$ on a prop but read a lot of prop posts for our boats and folks with the Trophy Plus seemed happy and the 4 blade prop seemed to be what I needed for my boating needs. I didn't think a prop would make much difference, but it did.

Good luck....Ray

Just got off the phone with power tech and they are swapping out my ofx3 21 with a ofx3 19 for an exchange. They told me this was a well known problem with H20s running 150hp
    Last edited by Thunderflight; 11-20-2018 at 12:35 PM.
    Thunderflight
    Xpress H20 Bay
    F150LB Yamaha
    Pro High Jacker Z-Lock manual 6 in jackplate 4.5 prop to pad
    Power Tech OFX 21 55 mph
    MinnKota 80 Terrova I-Pilot US2 Bluetooth
    Lowrance HDS-7 Touch/Helix 5/GoFree Wifi/Ram mounting systems
    NOCO Gen 3 3 bank charger

SEMPER FI

5. Member
    Interesting and hope the 19 pitch prop helps with your boat. In the case that you choose to go to the Trophy Prop here's the link to a site that will give the info concerning what hub kit you'll need: https://www.mercruiserparts.com/hub-kit-selection-chart