Towing Weight of a Loaded 2018 Jag with 250 Sho

Does any one know the towing weight of a loaded 2018 Jag with 250 Sho, 2 blades, and agm batteries? I have a 2017 Ridgeline which tows my 2014 Z521C just fine. Wife will never give up the Ridgeline.

2. Member
    Guessing that is going to be in the 4500# plus range. My 02 Classic I had before was right around 4100#. Good luck as that would put it close to your Ridgeline tow max?

3. Member
    See what happens when you,let the wife chose the tow vehicle.

4. Member
    Ben, You are so right. I was looking at an eco boost F150 and we also test drove the Ridgeline. My mistake. My wife was absolutely sold on the Ridgeline. However, I do like many of the features of the Ridgeline and it drives extremely well.

It should tow the Jaguar just fine if that 521 worked out behind it. The trailer should tow easy and the weight is similar. Equipment will be a difference perhaps, though the boat, trailer, engine and all should be fine. Towing weight will be around 5,000.

6. Member
    Mine crossed the scales at 5600,that’s with 12`talons and a 350 verado

7. Member
    Scott. I need to keep it under 5000. Max tow is 5000 on the Ridgeline. My Z521C is around 4600 with the SHO. The Verado is well over hundred pounds more than the SHO. I don't keep much tackle in my boat. I really don't tow much since I keep the boat on my dock. I do have a diesel BMW X5 that can handle it easy but would need to put a hitch on it.

Unless you weighed it, the 521 is not 4600 Pounds loaded out.
    The boat, engine and trailer alone put you on, or over, 4000.

The rig might weigh in 200 more actual than the 521, the trailer is close to the same, while the equipment again will be what makes a difference.

BCB

9. Member
    I would think real hard before towing the Jaguar anywhere except on level roads and avoid steep, long ramps or hilly drives. Even that would scare me as I don't think the Ridgeline driveline setup is all that good unless you are towing something under 4,000#. You are going to be right at the Ridgeline towing limit, possibly over and your bass boat setup will weigh more than your pickup does. When I was looking for a tow rig to tow a Bass Cat but didn't want a full size I got a 2018 Chevy Colorado and couldn't be happier with it. Added some accessories to it to make it look a little better. Tow rating of 7,000# and when towing my 2001 Pantera III I get between 15 - 17mpg. When I'm just highway driving, no towing, I can get 25+ mpg easily. Good luck with your decision.

10. Banned
    Russ Lane would know probably

I have a Jag with a 350 verado but no poles. I towed it with a Ridgeline for a couple of months and then got a Ram with the 5.7 hemi. It towed it but too close to the limit for me especially on the interstate. Agree the Ridgeline is a nice vehicle but the Jag is a beast and I did not feel safe with it on the back.

12. Member
    Iron Banks thanks for the feedback. My Ridgeline is very stable with the Z521C at 65 mph. Was yours a 1st Gen Ridgeline? I have a BMW X5 diesel so I might throw a hitch on it which is rated up to 7700 lbs. Prior to my Z521C I had a Z21 with a Verado. Great motor. 500 hours not a single problem with it. I towed that with a Mercedes GL diesel. When I got the Z521C with a SHO the Z521C was much easier to pull which might be due to 170 lbs less weight hanging on the back. Like your Jag.

Quote Originally Posted by John__S View Post
    Iron Banks thanks for the feedback. My Ridgeline is very stable with the Z521C at 65 mph. Was yours a 1st Gen Ridgeline? I have a BMW X5 diesel so I might throw a hitch on it which is rated up to 7700 lbs. Prior to my Z521C I had a Z21 with a Verado. Great motor. 500 hours not a single problem with it. I towed that with a Mercedes GL diesel. When I got the Z521C with a SHO the Z521C was much easier to pull which might be due to 170 lbs less weight hanging on the back. Like your Jag.
    2018 2nd gen Honda. I wish Honda made a 1/2 ton V8 truck. I would probably finally be satisfied and stop buying different trucks. The Jag cured me of buying different boats. It's the real deal.

14. Member
    My puma with SHO and poles weighed 4,440 lbs.

15. Member
    Tjbubba. Thanks for your input. How many batteries do you have? When you weighed your rig do recall how much fuel you had. I'm estimating that a comparably equipped Jag would be 330 lbs more.

16. Member
    I traded my 2017 BE Ridgeline a few months ago for another Tundra. I pulled all sorts of stuff with the Ridgeline while I had it, maybe 4,000 pounds? I wouldn't want to pull the limit with one anymore than I'd want to hook up 10,000 pounds to my Tundra and take off on a long trip. WILL it do it, most likely. WILL it do it over a long term, most likely not.

I didn't trade because of the towing rating! I just wanted more room again. I went from a Tundra to the Ridgeline and missed all the room. The Tundra is just more comfortable. I bought the middle of the road model (SR5 Premium) and it has almost all the bells and whistles of the top of the line Ridgeline. I hope you never get into an emergency situation pulling 4600 pounds with something rated at 5,000 pounds. I like staying with the old 80% rule.

If you are only pulling it to the lake and back for the season then go for it. They will pull more than most give them credit and the Ridgeline brakes were some of the best I've ever experienced in a mid sized truck! You're still talking about stopping nearly 10,000 pounds rolling on four little contacts of Firestone tires. The boat weighs more than the truck.

17. Member
    4 batteries and one tank probably 1/2 full, I always keep 5 gallons in the other tank.

18. Member
    I just went from towing my Jag with a Tacoma to towing with a Tundra and there is a major difference. The Tacoma got the job done, but I could tell the boat was back there, especially accelerating or on hills. I’d tow with your vehicle that has a little more tow capacity if I were you.