Pro Max 26 prop guy?

Slip numbers on the Pro Max 26 are really high. Would having it worked help? If so, who does the best work on Pro Max props?

11% slip right?

i ran my 26 92.9 @6550 last night and my 28 97.1 @ 6350 the other day. I haven’t pushed my 30 but my last numbers on it were 97 @ 5890. So all the ones I have are real low slip. The 27 I had was as well. Even when I had less setback.

Did you buy yours new? Just curious as all the ones I have run have all had low slip numbers. Craig is sending his 28 to me next week. It has a flair ring. Interested to see if that prop has low slip numbers as well.

Want to try my lab 26?
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    11% slip right?

i ran my 26 92.9 @6550 last night and my 28 97.1 @ 6350 the other day. I haven’t pushed my 30 but my last numbers on it were 97 @ 5890. So all the ones I have are real low slip. The 27 I had was as well. Even when I had less setback.

Did you buy yours new? Just curious as all the ones I have run have all had low slip numbers. Craig is sending his 28 to me next week. It has a flair ring. Interested to see if that prop has low slip numbers as well.

Want to try my lab 26?

Geoff... you will absolutely hate the flair ring on the Promax on our boats. Unless you want to feel like you're sitting on a beach ball lol
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    11% slip right?

Want to try my lab 26?
    No I bought is used slip was 13%. I just want to send it to a good prop guy and have it checked and maybe worked the 26 really isn't big enough anyway. Just wonder who the go to guy for Pro max props is.
    Last edited by K-DAWG; 10-15-2018 at 10:30 AM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    No I bought is used. I just want to send it to a good prop guy and have it checked and maybe worked the 26 really isn't big enough anyway. Just wonder who the go to guy for Pro max props is.
    If you decide you want to sell it since it's too small, send me a message.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

6. Member
    Robbie at Propeller Dynamics is tough to beat for my 2 Promax props.

Quote Originally Posted by NOTGSXR View Post
    Robbie at Propeller Dynamics is tough to beat for my 2 Promax props.
    That's who I was thinking. I have a Hydrodynamics Quad IV OT 28 I just bought used and I am gonna send that one in to be cleaned up as well. I haven't ran it yet but, it looks like it has seen a little bit of sand. The last 2-3 inches of the blades have a dull finish.

8. Member
    My two Bravos were worked by Robbie and are WAY better than stock.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

So What do I tell him I need done?

10. Member
    I just told him what boat I have and what I wanted for the result.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

So, I ran the Hydromotive Quad IV OT today. Didn't get to stretch it out to windy but, it does not seem to have the bow lift the Pro Max does. Is this the same experience everyone else has with the Hydro compared to the pro max?

12. Member
    Promax is a great prop I have found. Try a 28

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    So, I ran the Hydromotive Quad IV OT today. Didn't get to stretch it out to windy but, it does not seem to have the bow lift the Pro Max does. Is this the same experience everyone else has with the Hydro compared to the pro max?
    My hydro had sucky bow lift until trimmed pretty high, then it would carry. My TXP and a friend's pro max lifted the bow much more with less trim.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post
    My hydro had sucky bow lift until trimmed pretty high, then it would carry. My TXP and a friend's pro max lifted the bow much more with less trim.
    Hydro OT's are stern lifting props.If bow lift is what you are looking for, an OT is the wrong prop.

Quote Originally Posted by catfish123 View Post
    Hydro OT's are stern lifting props.If bow lift is what you are looking for, an OT is the wrong prop.
    I don't care if it's a bow lifting or not. I just want one that runs well with a heavy load........lol Never ran one before found one so I grabbed it. Seems to run like a Drag IV. Just checking to see make sure what I was experiencing was the same as everyone else. I definitely have been keeping an eye out for a 28 Pro Max. Every time I find a used one for sale it gets bought before I get to it. I was going to run one this past Sunday that a guy in North Florida had but, I had to work. I have been running that 26 Pro max for so long now I like the way it runs and handles. I need to give this Hyrdo chance and run it for a few weeks and get use to it before I decide if I like it or not.

16. Member
    Acceleration shouldn’t change much and just a touch more bog, +4-6 mph is what 28 promax should net you

17. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NOTGSXR View Post
    Geoff... you will absolutely hate the flair ring on the Promax on our boats. Unless you want to feel like you're sitting on a beach ball lol
    Did you try running the prop a little higher?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Props4u2 View Post
    Did you try running the prop a little higher?
    Yessir! Higher than I ever ran. No matter what I did it was all over the place. Whether that was high enough I dont know. But I do know is Raising it as you suggested didn't seem to show any improvements and at that height the boat was funny with any prop lol

19. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Yes I am sending Geoff my 28P Promax prop to test to see if he feels the same way I do about it. I had a larger than normal flare ring welded on and it has dual PVS holes. It comes out of the hole better than any other Promax I've tried and actually better than my 28P XOB. Very little bow rise with no over revving.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

A sanderson/patterson 27 trophy with dbl. Cup and ally cut blades,no plugs , 300pm ,xb2003 stock 1.75 TM, (no cone) 2 guys fishing tourneys, is a freight train 0-80, runs 80@ 5500, 1 second or less holeshot. Luv that setup, e/t or pro et with sporty for playing.