Trying out a new camera

I'm trying out a new camera. I like somethings about it, but it still ends up a little fuzzy when shooting in 360 degree view. Still a fun concept. I tried to get the speed to show up on the graphs, but the lighting that day was bad and they are hard to read.
    Here is a video running 99.8/99.9/100/100.33......... LOL None of the 4 gps units agreed that day. The 5th gps built into the data logger called it 100, so

Right around minute 2 the boat is going 99. The 360 video distorts a little on the sides, so it looks closer to shore than I am. I promise no ducks were harmed in this video.

A note for those that haven't viewed 360 videos. Your phone and browser will need to support them. The video will look funky if not. On your computer you can click on the video screen and pan the view around or use the controller in the top left corner of the video. Some of the 2D shots don't display well and will need some panning help. On phones you will need the latest version of Youtube. You can pan with your finger or move your phone around and it will change the view.

Also, turn your volume down. I found a fix for the wind noise, but it was after this video was shot. Future videos you just hear the motor!!!!

Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

That's alright right there!!

3. Member
    Geoff, do you have a different seat post mount in the back?
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

Nice.

Is the boat leaning to port as much as it appears to me in the video or is it the camera angle ?
    Have you added ballast or did you get it done with equipment placement ?

Standard seat base I believe for the rear seats

the camera angle is part of it, but it was leaning a little left that day. The water was smooth, but it was a touch windy and the wind would Break through the trees occasionally. I was trimmed down a little to keep the wind from getting under it. You can see me catch it a few times when the wind hits it. When you watch the rear view you can see the water coming off the back and it isn’t even except when the wind hits and blows me level. I didn’t want to get blown to my right hand side so I kept it tucked. The Prosport has a light nose and I don’t have a ton of weight upfront. The nose gets pushed around pretty easy.

I have the boat balanced a touch heavy on the left. I will lean right or left and use my torso as shiftable ballast to level me when running trips.

I only use gear as ballast.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

Thanks Geoff.
    I call that body english.

Just went back and figured out how to watch the rear view.. That is cool..
    Last edited by fishnfireman; 10-13-2018 at 08:32 AM.

Body English. I like that.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

8. Member
    Body English for sure lol
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

9. Member
    Very cool!
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

10. Member
    That's an awesome video. I need to check out the 360 video.

11. Member
    I have to admit that the rear view shot makes the power poles, folded as they are, look like missiles. I figure they probably are. When you Stroker and Bullet hunting you have to have something to go after them with. LOL

12. Moderator
    I like that.

13. Member
    Geoff, thanks for sharing. The video is very cool. Congrats on the speeds you are achieving, you have put a ton of effort into your rig with great results.

14. Member
    Pretty amazing what Geoff’s approach has taught me, and I thought I had a good handle on setup.

15. Member
    Geoff is a very sharp guy. I would like to see him in a Stroker to see where his set up would be.
    F2f
    Quote Originally Posted by xb03fs View Post
    Pretty amazing what Geoff’s approach has taught me, and I thought I had a good handle on setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Strokerdean View Post
    Geoff is a very sharp guy. I would like to see him in a Stroker to see where his set up would be.
    F2f
    Too fast for me. You guys have a strong team (you included).

We are working on that over hear in the Ally camp. It takes a entire group of people sharing ideas and setups to make these boats hit the numbers they do.

I have 6-8 different Ally XB21 owners I talk with daily. Met some great people and minds.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R