Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    My daughter hates fishing and watched about 40 mins of the show. He does a good job giving the history of the city. For a hardcore fisherman it’s a bit boring, but as an overall show I think it’s decent. Beats watching a bunch of queer/lesbian shows.

2. Banned
    Replays tonight at 9

If anybody is interested he posted a run down of the gear he used in the episode on his YouTube.

4. Member
    I enjoyed it. So did my kids.
    Semper Fi

5. Banned
    Lunkerville re done

I really enjoyed it...well one thing did get me...his epic meltdown at the end. AHAHAHAHHAHA

Classic Ike.

The history of New York and the distance really surprised me. I had no idea it was that spread out.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post
    Yes but over the top sarcasm is and it was well played lol
    Yes it is. Someone missed the sarcasm train!

Liked the show

9. Member
    It's clearly not targeting hard core anglers and keeps with the "Growing the sport" theme. All 3 of my kids including my 2.5 year old watched the whole show and liked it a lot. It was really well done for what it is, and if it makes my kids more interested in fishing I'm all for it.

10. Member
    I thought it was tastefully done...after all its not a WFN "fishing" show...rather its a NatGeo show if that makes sense. I liked some of the history stuff, liked seeing the stuff about how they're trying to re-introduce the oysters to bring the fishery back, and really liked how Ike made it a point to take time to show the "city kids" getting into fishing.

My wife enjoyed it, and usually she is the first to pick up her phone as soon as a fishing show goes on.

For the hardcore fisherman...ike puts up a blog post telling what he did and equipment/lures used here...
    http://blog.mikeiaconelli.com/2018/1...new-york-city/

Obviously Ike is a lightning rod here on the forum. However, nobody can deny Ike's passion.

This show has potential.

11. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar
    If you liked his old City Limits show, you'll like the new show. Very similar format and it's not all about bass fishing and the related bass boat and tackle promotions.

I will keep watching it.

13. Member
    Love the premise of the show, but didn't like that he went over 100 miles outside of the city to fish. That defeats the purpose of the show.

14. Member

15. Member
    Yes good show. His college professors where he earned a marketing degree must feel a sense of pride. Since day one he set out to make himself a brand and he succeeded. I think when it's all said and done he will look back and say "well played".

Quote Originally Posted by Jocephus View Post
    I thought it was tastefully done...after all its not a WFN "fishing" show...rather its a NatGeo show if that makes sense. I liked some of the history stuff, liked seeing the stuff about how they're trying to re-introduce the oysters to bring the fishery back, and really liked how Ike made it a point to take time to show the "city kids" getting into fishing.

My wife enjoyed it, and usually she is the first to pick up her phone as soon as a fishing show goes on.

For the hardcore fisherman...ike puts up a blog post telling what he did and equipment/lures used here...
    http://blog.mikeiaconelli.com/2018/1...new-york-city/

Obviously Ike is a lightning rod here on the forum. However, nobody can deny Ike's passion.

This show has potential.
    This sums it up for me, liked the history tidbits, have two friends that are working on the oyster cleaning solutions, one is a research professor, the other is my assistant coach. They study oyster poop.....

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by QUAKEnSHAKE View Post
    Thanks for posting the link that was a very enjoyable show hope it is successful for both National Geographic and Mr Pyschonelli sure proves he doesn't need that outlandish behavior that was encouraged when ESPN purchased B.A.S.S. to entertain an audience.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    It was a good history lesson about NYC. I liked when he was fishing Central Park and said that he saw a ball of fry. I was listening to the show from another room and without even looking up said "throw a Senko". Which he did and caught the male. My wife was suitable impressed. I'm waiting for the episode in London where he will be fishing some of the same water on the Thames where I caught a monster pike three years ago.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12