Getting the seats out

Anybody have any tricks for getting the sit down/butt seats out. Mine is STUCK. They were super tight on my 921 but i could eventually get them out. I cant get the sit down seat out of the back deck on my 721. Ive pulled with everything i have and it doesnt budge. I pulled the seat off and can see down inside the post that the little button you push is actually releasing
    They aint got hands, set the hook

2. Member
    I’ve had this problem on my ranger. My Phoenix isn’t as bad but I’ve had luck by first putting some penetrating oil and then turning with a pipe wrench while some one pulls up on it. Put a rag on the post so you don’t scratch the crap out of it. When you get it out I sanded the post a lot as well as hole. Good luck I know it’s a pain. On the flip side I hate the loose rattling small ones on my little aluminum boat

Get a set of these...

https://www.harborfreight.com/2-pc-r...set-69373.html

They will get it out without damaging the post
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

Get a hose clamp and wrap it around and tighten it down to release the lock. I had to do that on mine once.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vausoner View Post
    Get a hose clamp and wrap it around and tighten it down to release the lock. I had to do that on mine once.
    Im not having any problem pressing the button in. On my 921 i almost needed channel locks to squeeze the button in but its easy on this boat. Its just that once you press the button the pole will absolutely not budge. Wont spin or rock or anything. Guess im gonna have to join the gym to own a phoenix

Oh dang. Mine are tight but not that tight. Might have to resort to a pipe or strap wrench then take some material off.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

7. Member
    Makes you wonder how the person at the factory got the post IN. They should have known there was a problem and sanded down the post for proper fit.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

8. Member
    I use a rubber strap wrench pops right out

9. Member
    Just have to make it twist. Pipe wrench if it really tight. Mine gets tight sometimes but other times it's easy to get out. I think either some carpet gets in there or some sand or something. It gets jammed up pretty good sometimes but if I can twist it it will come right out

10. Member
    Duct tape & a pipe wrench “ or heavy duty rubber strap wrench “ either one !

11. Member
    Just had this same problem. I finally had to just cut the post about 4" up from the base and get channel locks and turn the bottom until it came out. About 2 hours of turning and applying PB blaster to it it finally came out. Its not the button getting stuck it the metal on plastic that is stuck.

12. Member
    Weird story, i went in to put stuff in my boat today and actually got it to turn with my hands. Last time it absolutely wouldnt budge with my hands. Not sure if the humidity was different or the fact its 30-40 degrees colder, but something made it give. Once i got it spinning i was able to get it out with a short fight. I probably wont put it back in unless somebody just requests it

13. Member
    I learned a long time ago, when it is new take the seat pedestals out and put vaseline on them while it is new and not any corrosion on them saves a lot of head aches down the road. It only takes a few months for it to start the corrosion process and by then it is too late. Just a heads up to everyone with a new boat, you can thank me later.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    Weird story, i went in to put stuff in my boat today and actually got it to turn with my hands. Last time it absolutely wouldnt budge with my hands. Not sure if the humidity was different or the fact its 30-40 degrees colder, but something made it give. Once i got it spinning i was able to get it out with a short fight. I probably wont put it back in unless somebody just requests it
    The aluminum shrunk due to the temperature change! Take a drum sander and lightly clean up the inside of the recess. I found mine was slightly egg shaped when I measured it with micrometers. I know geeky but I am an injunear!
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34