2017 250 pro xs surging at wide open throttle

Serial # 2B362443 2017 250 pro xs w/gen 2 lower unit. Noticed the last 2 trips out the motor felt like it was surging at wide open throttle running 6000-6100 rpms. Running a 2015 Bullet 21xrs at around 80 mph and I don't think it's the limiter, bit I could be wrong. I changed the fuel primer bulb to a new Mercury bulb and filter last weekend and rebuilt my pulse fuel pump and still doing it. The fuel line is the blue hose and it looked good when I changed the primer bulb out. Any ideas much appreciated Thanks

2. Member
    Did you heat the fuel line before installing the primer bulb? Was any debris found inside the pulse pump? What is the fuel pressure when the problem occurs?

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Also- are you getting those RPM's from Smartcraft, or an Analog Tach (VERY important)?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor