Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Helix 10 12 360 Problems

Dose anyone know anybody in California, That knows Humminbirds. I have problems seeing and structure or anything. Also the 360 dose not show any detail. I have switched out the transducers. Sent the units to Hummingbird. I don't know what else to do. I have $15,000 worth of electronics, That are useless.
    If anyone can help, Please
    Danny

2. Member
    I see your new first off let me say greetings !
    360 is SI that spins so nothing is going to be super sharp. If anything the middle will be the sharpest .
    You want to see more detail you need to bring your range down to somewhere between 40 to 50 foot .
    i like to run my contrast at 15 and my sensitivity from 1 - 12
    the higher contrast for me darkens the screen enough for the brighter returns “structure and fish” to stand out
    Sensitivity now that’s where everybody’s going to be all over the map . Sensitivity is based on bottom hardness and range you’re trying to look at . The bottom hardness in my lake is really hard so I usually run my sensitivity relatively low . But when I get back up into the backs of the creek arms they’re really soft so I have to jack up my sensitivity to 15-16 sometimes . A good example would be this time of year I’m looking for bigger bait to find bigger bass and the bigger Striper so my range is about 80 ft with sensitivity jacked up so I can see out further although my detail suffers But rest asured you can see schools of baitfish when the Range is out to 80 foot. I have Seen larger schools of bass/striper ripping through schools of bait . Caught 4 5+ largemouth doing just that two weekends ago. Got the pics to prove:-)
    One last thing some people run with the water column on or with the water column off .When I’m chasing bait I run with the water column on So I can see where the bait even up close to the boat .When I’m fishing structure I Fish with the water column off. So I can have actual distance to target .
    In summary take everything I said with a grain of salt this is what works for me. Everyone is different. Best thing you can do is time on the water put down the poles , kick everyone off the boat and go find a piece of a lake you think you know and go play with it . Don’t give up . You’ll get. It will all click one day and I say that because that’s what happened to me. Lol I’ve got no bs 750 hours on my mega and almost as many hrs on my 360 . I would not replace it with anything!

Ps I will now get off my soap box ! Tight lines
    Last edited by Wallace; 10-12-2018 at 08:25 PM.

3. Member
    Hi Wallace, Im running my 360 at 50'. I tried messing with the sensitivity and contrast. Idid not see anything. I can see stuff in the water. It dose not show anything. I think i need someone that know. To go out in my boat. Idont know what else to do about all of the finders.
    Thank you for your time.

4. Member
    Oh yeah one last thing LOL if you use the Split screen with the 360 and the chart if you have Auto chart live map of where you fish you can turn bottom hardness on and turn chart color off so the bottom hardness scale will still show with the contour lines. You can see how the bottom hardness affects what you see and where you need to be with your settings. Ok I’m done:-)

5. Member
    Hang on! What software version are you running?

6. Member
    they are new.I is the most resent. Thank you

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onegrip View Post
    they are new.I is the most resent. Thank you
    New doesn't necessarily mean they have the most recent software. Current HELIX software is 1.83 or 1.84.

8. Member
    Ok try this next time you go out. Hit menu twice and under the sonar tab switch to switchfire imaging max . If everything is working like it’s suppose to you might be on a really soft bottom . With the new update hb has seemed to tame the power of these units and you just need to “turn up “ the power. To be honest I’m still running1.640 because of the issues with the current but I have been out with1.840 And have been able to run switchfire imaging max where I could not with1.640

9. Member
    I will go out Monday and give all of you pointers a try. Thanks again for your time and input. (Wallace)

10. Member
    No worries There’s anything else I can help you with just give me a holler

11. Member
    Any luck?

12. Member
    I set my 360 up using the same settings as in this video except I set mine to 80ft not 120. I run my 360 on a Helix 12 chirp unit. I have the sonar in max mode, sensitivity at 2, noise filter off and surface clutter at 5-6. On my console unit Helix 9 I set the sonar on 83 to reduce interference but for the most part my console unit is just for navigation. I also run the 360 view that is the 360/sonar with navigation enabled and use another Helix 7 at the bow just for mapping. I love the 360! Keep playing with your settings and asking questions here and you'll get everything set like you want.

2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    I set my 360 up using the same settings as in this video except I set mine to 80ft not 120. I run my 360 on a Helix 12 chirp unit. I have the sonar in max mode, sensitivity at 2, noise filter off and surface clutter at 5-6. On my console unit Helix 9 I set the sonar on 83 to reduce interference but for the most part my console unit is just for navigation. I also run the 360 view that is the 360/sonar with navigation enabled and use another Helix 7 at the bow just for mapping. I love the 360! Keep playing with your settings and asking questions here and you'll get everything set like you want.

Viewing 83 kHz has no effect on interference. The units use 200 kHz for the depth readout whether or not you choose to display it.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

14. Member
    Any 360 guys outside of Wallace have the new update and are seeing much weaker band of sensitivity? Maybe I gotta run imagining on max now with the new update?
    Nitro z21

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    Any 360 guys outside of Wallace have the new update and are seeing much weaker band of sensitivity? Maybe I gotta run imagining on max now with the new update?
    Count me in on this topic. I ended up going back to version 1.64, between the loss of sensitivity and not getting the 360 only view when starting out less than 25ft.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Kboater View Post
    Count me in on this topic. I ended up going back to version 1.64, between the loss of sensitivity and not getting the 360 only view when starting out less than 25ft.
    I'll test that out sometime today with several units. Have not re-installed my 360 since changing from a Motor Guide to an Ultrex.
    Made a temporary mount yesterday for it.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

17. Member
    I have the 360 only view but the sensitivity issue I don’t like. 1-10 does nothing only 10-20 and seems the range is now limited. Just not as crisp. As mentioned before I use to have it set under 5 now same conditions I’m 15 or more and not satisfied. Might need to go back to 1.64.
    Nitro z21

18. Member
    Hey Wallace
    I have not had any time to go out and check it out. Work has been getting in the way. I have a tournament this weekend. I will let you know. Thank you

19. Member
    Thank you
    For the video

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onegrip View Post
    Hey Wallace
    I have not had any time to go out and check it out. Work has been getting in the way. I have a tournament this weekend. I will let you know. Thank you
    No worries . Humminbird had me send them a video of what’s going on with the sensitivity so they are aware of the isssue and I’m with you guys after the video for them went back to 1.640 . My sweet spot is in the dead zone can’t use it with or without switch fire . just my luck the lake I fish is wicked hard 75% of the lake pegs the hardness scale .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast