Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    My credit union does 1.9 vs 2.25 on new vs used up to 84mos. Shop around for rates and pick up a cleam CPO in my opinion.
    Skeeter Sx186 w/ yamaha 150

Buy a Tundra. I have had a lot of problems with my 2011 F-150.

3. Member
    A 2011 is a whole nother’ World compare to a 2018. I had a 2011 3.5 EB and a lot if problems with that one towards the end but traded in for a 2018 XLT with the 302A package, 2.7 EB and 3.55 Gear’s and I didn’t think I could love a vehicle so much. 8500 miles now and just awesome. Highly recommend getting a new truck. Ain’t nothing like it!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UWBASS View Post
    A 2011 is a whole nother’ World compare to a 2018. I had a 2011 3.5 EB and a lot if problems with that one towards the end but traded in for a 2018 XLT with the 302A package, 2.7 EB and 3.55 Gear’s and I didn’t think I could love a vehicle so much. 8500 miles now and just awesome. Highly recommend getting a new truck. Ain’t nothing like it!
    Exactly. Early eco motors were troublesome. They got it figured out now.

I have a 2014 I bought new there was a decent amount of rebates on them so much it was only about 2-3K difference in price for it and a comparable 2-3 year old truck with 25k miles I went new also got a better financing rate buying new.

Quote Originally Posted by UWBASS View Post
    Only some minor problems with the 3.5 EcoBoost motor. Rear window defrost broke, Back up camera broke, the blend door actuators broke twice now, over head console switch cluster broke, speed sensor in trans went out causing all kinds of problems, rear end makes a groaning noise when you turn, I added some differental limited slip additive hoping to fix it but it did not. About every 6th drive in the first 10 minutes of driving it will up shift from 1st into 2nd really hard jarring the the truck and makes a loud bang when it does. for some reason the front tires have started scrubbing the inner fender when I turn sharp. A coil has been replaced on the motor and I had to change the plugs. The paint is peeling off the tail gate and inside the bed of the truck. Ford told me that its only a problem if I have a corrison issue. First and last Ford, got several buddies who drive Tundra's and all they have done is change fluid, tires, gas and go. They have alot more miles than 8500 on them. My next one will be a Tundra. 8500 miles is not enough miles to know anything.

7. Joe4d
    I used to be a buy it around 20-30k mileage guy, but last several I have bought have been new. When adding in the near zero interest rates for new and getting what I wanted new was better.
    In my case I tend to want maxed out mechanical features, like towing and engine size and lower rear end, while not wanting to pay for all the doodads. Makes buying used hard.

8. Member
    The best way to buy is getting your financing in order before you go shopping. My credit union was the same interest rate on a newer truck us a brand new one, same number of years if you wanted to go long term. There isn’t a regular truck out there that isn’t taking a 40% hit by time it’s five years old. Most are more than that. You better have cash, or the money FAST when a clean one owner that hasn’t been in the shop a bunch comes available. I looked for a Land Cruiser like this for two years, missed one of them by hours before simply buying a new truck. I saved about 5K not taking the zero percent interest from the manufacturer. A few months ago when I bought credit unions were loaning money at 2.75 and paying 2.5 on accounts.

9. Banned
    The resale on them fords is pretty high unlike them chevy's and dodges, probably better of buying new.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub176 View Post
    Heres my question to you. Are you going to finance. If you are financing then buy new and take advantage of the better interest rates and full warrenty.
    X2.
    If you're financing the bulk of it, wait for the low-zero % financing deals and rebates. You can often buy a new truck for the same overall cost as buying a used two year old truck.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west texas luke View Post
    The resale on them fords is pretty high unlike them chevy's and dodges, probably better of buying new.
    https://www.tfltruck.com/2018/02/47948/

I found my Silverados were great on resale at the five year point. The Toyota’s are just better. Pretty much all the large trucks are a few percent of each other.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    Buy a Tundra. I have had a lot of problems with my 2011 F-150.
    Very sorry to hear about the troubles you had, but I am set on Ford at this time

13. Member
    Used. From a family owned and operated dealer that specializes in Ford trucks. I just happen to know a guy. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundah View Post
    Very sorry to hear about the troubles you had, but I am set on Ford at this time
    Good luck. If it wasn't paid for I would go with a Tundra. The truck tows great and I love the looks of it. Just wish it would be holding up a little better.

15. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tundah View Post
    smart man,, these guys can spew all they want but ford trucks are king..........

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Guess I got a good 2011 3.5 Ecobeast. Still going strong at 52,000 miles. Tow whatever you want. Know someone who just got a 2018 3.5 and he's loving it.

The Ford's don't have the best gas mileage but the Tundra's will drain the tank a lot faster. They really get crappy gas mileage. Know somebody that has one of these also.

17. Member
    I had a Ford Truck built with agreed on price. Truck showes up and dealer say great news, Rebates went up $2000. But rates went up. Had Ford A/Z plan and total rebates were $5200. Ive bought 6 new Trucks from this dealership. But i dont like trying to change pricing after I had it built. We had a agreed on price to be built.

18. Banned
    I also have a 2011 Lariat 3.5 and other than putting a set of spark plugs in it it's been perfect.

I have a 2017 XLT with the 3.5 ecoboost/10 speed and it has the max tow package. That gave it a different gearing, high towing capacity (11,500 lbs, I think) and a 36 gallon fuel tank. I absolutely love this truck! It pulls my triton (21 feet and not very light) much better than my 2008 GMC sierra did with a 5.3L V8.

I bought mine in October of 2017 so it was a truck that they definitely wanted to get off of the lot. It MSRP'd for something like $53K but I got it for just under $43K.
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Guess I got a good 2011 3.5 Ecobeast. Still going strong at 52,000 miles. Tow whatever you want. Know someone who just got a 2018 3.5 and he's loving it.

The Ford's don't have the best gas mileage but the Tundra's will drain the tank a lot faster. They really get crappy gas mileage. Know somebody that has one of these also.
    The gas mileage is why I bought it. I was driving close to 100 miles to work and back each day. I could get 21mpg driving it to work. But, the wife bought a new car and I got her old one. It gets over 30 mpg so I don't need a truck that gets great gas mileage. Now I just want a truck that's going to last and not have a bunch of stuff break. It tows and rides great just don't feel like it has held up like it should with the money the cost these days. Like I said the EcoBoost hasn't been the problem its everything else that's been a problem. But, to those of you that haven't had any problems I hope your luck holds out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast