Costco Trailer Tires - Greenball Towmaster tires

Has anyone put the Costco Greenball trailer tires on their boat trailer? I'm probably going with GY Endurance but saw these at Costco.

https://www.costco.com/Towmaster-SS-...100401849.html

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

2. Member
    If they are made in China i would not buy them.

3. Member
    Junk

4. Banned
    If they're made in China and they're ST tires, they're not worth buying and putting on one's beloved boat.

5. Member

USA

Get the Endurance for sure.

I was just curious. I had Good Year Endurance installed!

7. Member
    It's a 12 ply radial with a load range F rating. Sounds like a lot better tire than "junk". I dealt with Costco for 26 years, they will stand behind their products.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    It's a 12 ply radial with a load range F rating. Sounds like a lot better tire than "junk". I dealt with Costco for 26 years, they
    I had two blowouts including fenders with Chinese made Carlilse's. Both were due to poor workmanship. Carlilse stood behind their Chinese made product as well and paid for damages both times. I will not run a Chinese made tire if I have a choice.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TX721 View Post
    I was just curious. I had Good Year Endurance installed!
    Smart move, I have heard good things about the Greenballs but a few bad also. From experience with the Endurance they have been great so far. Thousands of miles on mine with a lot at 80 MPH with a single axle and heavy. 0 issues. Wearing great, guessing 10 years + out of them just like my Canadian made Goodyears that were originally on the trailer. Still have one for a spare! CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

10. Member

USA

I think that they say about 6 years for the endurance tires.. If you are going for 10, I hope you go to church on Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by TX721 View Post
    Has anyone put the Costco Greenball trailer tires on their boat trailer? I'm probably going with GY Endurance but saw these at Costco.

https://www.costco.com/Towmaster-SS-...100401849.html
    That tire is junk. I should know as I had 4 put on my trailer. One blew out after 4 months and then another separated a few months later. All tires were kept a max air pressure so that was never an issue. If you search the Internet you will find them referred to as Blow masters. Endurance all the way. I’m doing really well with the Big O brand Vanguard which is a 5 ply. Not a single issue with them so far and less money. Time will tell. Next set for me will be the Endurance.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175. Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

12. Member
    I think the Endurance warranty is 4 years. If that is the case, i will replace them regardless of tread wear.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ROADRUNNER View Post
    I think that they say about 6 years for the endurance tires.. If you are going for 10, I hope you go to church on Sundays.
    Many said the same on the original marathons. They were from 02! Replaced because of wear. I have a bunch of trailers, the only tire failures I have had said China on the sidewall. One flatbed just got back from Vermont on the original USA made carlilse tires that are over 10 years old. There has been a lot of excuses made for the chines crap tires and age has been one of them. Truck tires can be recapped a bunch and age does not seem to affect them unlike the st tires that say China on the side! I am so leery of them I don't like standing next to them with air in them! Cj

14. Member
    I passed on them when I retreaded 2 years ago. when with D load tires.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

15. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    How do I find out where my tires where made running Carlilse
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

16. Member

USA

They are made in china, Just Google " where are ------ 's made. The only American made tire that I know of is the Goodyear Endurace.

17. Member
    The Endurance has "made in USA" stamped on the tire sidewall. Small print but its there. So look at the fine print on the tire to see if it is there. It might be a requirement to have where the tires are manufactured to be marked on the tires. Carlilse"s are definitely Chinese made whether its marked on their tire or not.

18. Member
    When mine crapped out after 7 months I took them back to Costco and the tire manager said there is no warranty on them .

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    How do I find out where my tires where made running Carlilse
    They will say on the sidewall. Newer ones are China older ones USA. Still running a set of USA ones. About worn out and will replace with endurance. Cj