Thread: sonar location

sonar location

i have a 2015 Skeeter 250 ZX and need to locate the sending units so that I can find the cables to see if the cables are zip tied together. I need to extend the cable so that I can relocate the Sonar units. The cables run thur the gunnels but cannot get to them, anyone have any ideas as to how to locate the cables

By "sending units", do you mean the transducers? The 2d sonar transducer is in the center of the bilge, just below the battery charger. It should be next to the pumps.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

3. Member
    Yes I meant sonar, trying to get some extra length on the sonar cables due to moving the HDS 9 screen.

4. Member
    I moved my HDS 9 from the bow to the console. Only the ethernet cable needed to move but I ended buying a new cable as the original was zipped tied from the console unit to the bow. The ducer cables to the console HDS 9 never changed since that unit only moved a few inches with the dual mount bracket.

The 2D transducer should have the standard length cable. I believe it is 18ft...maybe 20ft? I can't remember exactly, but it's about that long. I'm sure it's zip tied up under the gunnel somewhere.

Where do you plan on moving the HDS 9 to?
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

6. Member
    Moving the bow unit out of the recessed hole and using precicion sonar mounting to raise it up rathe than in the recessedhole, it sure works good. I would send a photo but I just can't get one posted.

7. Member
    Add the second HDS 9 to the console when you can! It is a great set up.

8. Member
    The console mount has been added and it is so much more efficient to view when driving and when fishing on the rear platform.