Yes...another Newton post, lol

Thinking about heading down Sunday...buddy of mine said water temps should be around mid 60s by then? Think its worth making a trip down there for the day?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fluke1987 View Post
    Thinking about heading down Sunday...buddy of mine said water temps should be around mid 60s by then? Think its worth making a trip down there for the day?
    Should be good. Tournament taking out of the hot ramp. https://www.ifishillinois.org/tourna...p?watersID=181

Hmm...80 boats Saturday and 50 Sunday. Hopefully we can sneak in a few fish and maybe they wont draw that many this weekend with the rain?

4. Member
    when isn't it a good time to fish newton . Should be a good day . Those boat numbers are bogus . The last one I fished claimed numbers like that and there was only a handful there in the tournament .

5. Member
    Never a bad idea for a day trip to Newton !
    Please release me,let me go.

Forgot to follow up on this. My buddy and I were out there on Sunday from 7:30 to about 3. I caught 12 and lost 4 or 5. Only got one over 18" and missed one that was bigger right at the kayak. They were eating a white chatterbait really good...probably the longest I have fished a chatterbait my entire life. There were maybe 10 boats in the tournament at the hot ramp...don't think they did very well. Talked to another boat that said they caught over 100 bass between saturday and sunday but not one over 18". Made me feel a bit better that I got my big one in the first hour of being there and out of a kayak :)