Question 2000 Aries: all gauges and FF’s down

My dad’s boat appears to have all its gauges not working, including power to fish finders. However master power switch works, as does ignition, running lights, black fishing lights (he is a Center Hill night smally chaser). The boat still runs great (only 150 hp I have ever seen do a legitimate 70 mph GPS...guess those Johnson Fastrikes are a bit under-labeled), but scary not knowing tach, trim height, water pressure, etc. I have not had an opportunity to get under dash and really check fuse block, but when I do was curious if anyone had a sort of troubleshooting checklist I could run down. He stores boat under cover, under roof, though outdoors. Last time I was at his house I took flashlight and followed wires making sure no mice chewing issues or anything, and trolling motor harness as well as onboard chargers working just fine. While I certainly hope it is just a few blown/old fuses, any help or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Member
    Just learned that an Aries is a fiberglass bass boat. How do you know the master switch works? Do Aries (apparently so) have a digital gauge dash?

3. Member
    Def no digital dash for sure! Master switch works since running light switched keyed off master. Thanks!

4. Member
    On my Aries I have lost power to all my switches and gauges. I'm thinking about replacing all my reset switches.

5. Member
    I have been trying to find the wiring diagram.

6. Member
    Not familiar with an Aries, but I would attach it like any other Since fishfinders are down at the same time, follow the wiring (hot and ground) with a voltmeter and see where you pick up voltage. That will usually be the problem.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

7. Member
    Used it on Norris lake after taking a day to work on all electronics. Got everything but WP gauge and tach working fine. Just did not mess with JP height and kept eye on pee hole. Think tach sender is bad and know WP gauge had a freeze up in line over one winter. Easy fixes I think. In any event after some sea foam and new filter/plugs she ran 63.2 GPS with the 150 with 1/2 tank gas and full livewell...and super stable. For reference it was a 2001 Aries 180T with Johnson 150 Fast Strike spinning 23p prop. No idea RPM BUT DIDNT AOUND HIGH, nonetheless seems to be a pitch or so under propped as the math tells me RPM’s were more than 5500.