Looking for a new setup

Bought a boat that has 3 1199ci hd units. 2 on the console and one up front. I am wanting to get new units but I'm not sure if I should wait or buy now. I feel like if I buy now then in 3 months they will come up with something better than what's available.

What are your thoughts on waiting or buying now? I know electronics improve rapidly but I would hate to miss out on something new. When does hb typically release the new technology?

A typical production run is two years. "New technology" may not be added with each newer model, just a newer unit.
    There was no "new technology" difference in the 1198, 1199, and first generation Helix SI models.

The G2N Helix MEGA SI models got the addition of MEGA frequency, but that was not a new technology, just an additional Imaging frequency.
    The G2N Helix MEGA DI models got Low-Q Dual Spectrum 2D sonar, but that was not a new technology either, just a different 2D sonar frequency range.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thanks for the info. I am trying to wrap my head around it all. I know lowrance had the carbon and now coming out with live. Sucks for the guys that spent a bunch on the carbon graphs and now they are changing.