Trim gauge on my z520 08 model is not working. Began by occasionally not working and starting back again until not working at all. put on new trim sensor unit with no help. It is a teleflex multifunction trim and fuel gauge. I can remove sensor and manually turn it and it will jump from down to all up on gauge at a point with only slight movement, will not give me a reading from slowly down to up with slowly moving gauge, just a quick jump. grounds all connected and power wires, motor to lower unit ground wire in place. Have taken out gauge and checked on bench with old and new sensor with same results. Teleflex says if I hook up gauge with power (ignition or hot wire) and ground wire and then short from gauge sender connection to ground connection, gauge should go to down position from up position and if so, the gauge is good. My gauge does this and I realize that the sensor unit is just suppose to regulate that short (no electrician here) and slowly move the trim gauge. Mine does not. What am I missing??? Sorry for long thread.
Thanks