Thread: mice in camper

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Best suggestion I have is not to put the poison (feeding station) in the trailer. Why would you put a feed station inside to draw them in. Finally convinced my father to quit feeding them inside the trailer and the signs diminished. We used the Irish Soap trick this year. Think there were 24 bars put out in a 38 ft trailer. Evidence on the bars show bite marks. Guess they will eat anything.

2. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    I hate mice, Keep up the offense on the outside and along the walls of trailer and don't be afraid to use poison(they dehydrate). They munch on everything that has a smell of food and their dropping are everywhere. I cleaned my closet (3 years later) and found mouse dropping in the corner where there was a foot of piled clothes...They are probably climbing the tires or hitch bar or septic hose.

3. Member
    I have sealed and double sealed and triple sealed every nook and cranny of my camper and have poison all around the exterior. I have sealed all visible and barely visible plumbing, drain. and gas line chases to and from the underbelly and the exterior and to and from the underbelly into the main heated and cooled conditioned spaces of the camper. I thought I had the little bastards under control until a few weeks ago when dropping were found again in the silverware drawers... all wares had to be washed and rewashed again before use...now they once again sit outside the drawers on the table to see what's next. My camper has a main access line for a few drains that starts at the p trap for the tub shower and runs the length to my kitchen sink. I have sealed everything a can even barely reach under the tub through the access panel and the darn things are still getting in! RRRGGG I am a very detailed kind of guy and remodel homes professionally for a living....I haven't missed anything...I mean anything that is visible to me even as small as 1/8"...I found one more entry area the last trip there while breaking down camp....The King and Queen slides! They have holes that cannot be sealed as they are left for play as the slides go in and out that lead directly to the underbelly!...and there must still be a chase somewhere from the underbelly to the main quarters that I cannot access...again RRRGGG

4. Member
    I used to build RV's and I see several guys posting about the Slides not being sealed. WHY? Our Slides were always sealed all the way around.

5. Member
    Mine are as well with a double flap all the way around. The holes are under them in the frame of the camper where the rods go in and out of the frame as the slide goes out or retracts in...these holes I'd bet are what the mice are using to get into the underbelly then they are getting inside the camper through some sort of plumbing, electrical, or gas access hole where I cannot see it to seal it up...it really sucks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123