Thread: mice in camper

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Poison, poison, poison. You can’t trap them fast enough. Traps can help control them, but put poison everywhere outside the RV. Get it at a farm store where you can still get the good kind

Dryer sheets just supply them with nestin material.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

2. Member
    family has had a camper in the woods of Maine for the past 10 years and NEVER had one mouse . We lined the complete bottom of the trailer with hardware cloth ( heavy 1/4 x 1/4 size wire) mainly to stop porcupines from chewing the floor out. It has been 100% effective on keeping mice out also.....we also throw down moth balls under the camper to try a deter critters I think its a wast of money, but I am out numbered.
    "Stay thirsty my friends"

3. Member
    Thanks again for your input! I now have my issue under control (for now)...poison outside from Tractor Supply Co....sticky traps caught all of what I have thus far that were put in my outdoor kitchen compartment in case they would leave a smell when they died in the traps...and drove them out of the main compartment with combination of dryer softer sheets, moth balls, and then expanding foam around chases for plumbing and electrical ans sealed the underbelly very thoroughly..and left them only one place to exit (into the outdoor kitchen), where the sticky traps were put...all in all, I killed 5 of the little >>>>>>>! I continue to refresh poison on the exterior....and have dryer softener sheets inside for the winter... WOW, what a process this has been! Again thanks! Have a happy New Years!

4. Member
    What brand did you get from Tractor Supply.

5. Member
    Just one bite bars works great.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunna View Post
    Just one bite bars works great.
    Thanks I will pick some up. Right now I am using sticky traps and the green bars, hard to tell if the green bars are working even though I can see they are eating on them.

7. Member
    I'm sorry but I can't remember exactly. The poison came in small walk in walk out after eating style traps. You can see activity just outside the traps as crumbs of the poison are left . When all of the poison disappears you thrown them away and get new ones..."Tom Cat" seems to come to my mind.

8. Member
    anybody know anything about something called golden marin not sure about the spelling but they have it at Tractor Supply.

9. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon396 View Post
    anybody know anything about something called golden marin not sure about the spelling but they have it at Tractor Supply.
    It is fly bait. Some people mix it with other things to kill mice, but it is very dangerous to other animals.
    nothing else matters.​

10. Member
    Irish spring soap in all your compartments is supposed to work. I will let you know!
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100

11. Member
    I dont know where you park your rig when not in use but I make sure to store mine on gravel or pavement. Not grassy areas. The mice and other critters dont like being exposed on the open ground. Between that and dryer sheets I have pretty good luck keeping them out of mine.
    I had a terrible infestation in a car I was restoring in my shop. I closed the whole thing off and ran a tube from the exhaust of another vehicle into the shop and let it run for a few hours. That did a number on them and to be honest I repeat that treatment a couple times per year. Especially during the winter.
    Jeff
    2015 Phoenix 920 Pro XP
    250 Mercury Optimax Pro XS
    Colorado

12. Member
    It is parked on gravel...I have the last spot on the end of the campgrounds overlooking nothing but the woods...Nice! but problematic with these little bastards...I do not "store" the camper in a sense...but leave it parked 365 days a year in the same camp spot which I pay for by the month and leave it plugged in so my frig stays on and condiments stay cold or left over beer and such... stay there for our next trip. We frequent the camper every weekend or two from early spring to late fall...I have tried the dryer sheets which you cannot go wrong with as they leave a very nice fresh scent regardless of mice or no mice....but mice are still present...

13. Member
    I had this nightmare for the first time this spring. I used basic traps with peanut butter and a coffee can with water in the bottom. Got the whole family of 5 I hope! I don't think there's a worry of smell from the normal traps as long as it's cold/cool weather and as long as you're there every couple weeks to empty the traps and reset. Having a pet is my main concern. No matter what, I will not take a chance on him getting poisoned.

Next thread... FIRE ANTS! I had those little sh&%s actually run me out of a campground last year! Grrrrrrrr

14. Member
    I have them too...Over and Out works best for me...

15. Member
    I have not had good luck with the Irish Spring soap method. Used some regular traps, sticky traps, electronic when the power was on. Finally got rid of them. Just got a new 5th wheel so will have to start it all over again. May do the bucket method also.

Irish Spring soap worked good for me..
    Greg Haberkorn (Habby)
    2018 Ranger Z521L
    2020 250 Mercury Pro XS - 2B738680

17. Member
    OK...did all of the things in the order as my last post...thought my nightmare was over...no mice for two months anywhere...well not so fast...now there are signs again of droppings in the drawers that house our silverware and cutlery as of our last visit...urggggg! When we departed this weekend as I closed the two slides I noticed openings leading to the underbelly that cannot be sealed due to moving parts in the slide outs..now what???? urgggggg!

18. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Bait stations and keep them full. Get a different poison every time you run out. Removing everything edible from the camper would help.
    nothing else matters.​

19. Member
    Irish Spring Soap does NOT work on mice. I had some in every compartment, drawer and on the dash. They almost ate all of the soap and there was droppings everywhere. I will go back to the bucket or glue traps or poison.

20. Member
    Only guaranteed method is to get a medium size black snake.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast