Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member

I’ve had my Caracal to 74.1 with 2 people and 8’ poles.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Basscat!

2. Bobby8
    Quote Originally Posted by BASS24-7 View Post
    2 8ft talons is about 3 MPH top end loss on a bird and its mostly from wind drag. butt seat and rear seat is another 2-3 mph loss holeshot maybe 1-2 seconds not really noticeable
    I have 2 10 foot Talons on mine and hole shot was just a bit slower. Can't tell you about top end as I baby mine and 5 K rpm's is about the most I will go.

3. Member
    2 8’ Blades 36v 112 Ultrex full fuel and I run a heavy load as well cooler months best I seen was 73.3 and 70 in those hot and humid Texas days.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

4. Member
    Two 8 foot blades but only an 84 (I think) Motorguide.

So far so good.

5. Member
    Wasn't Caracal so I can't say for it, but installed a set of 8' Talons on a customers (and fishing partners) Puma FTD/250 and he didn't lose anything. Problems with hole shot on shallow water anchors come from what is getting to be known as the "fulcrum" effect. The higher the anchor is above the boat, the more weight that is thrown back when the boat's bow comes up coming out of the hole. The outboard has to overcome that weight while lifting the stern for the holes shot. As to top end, you're looking simply at drag. The newer series (as you know since you sell them) has been redesigned to help eliminate that drag. If it were mine, I would go with the 8' Talons.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    Wasn't Caracal so I can't say for it, but installed a set of 8' Talons on a customers (and fishing partners) Puma FTD/250 and he didn't lose anything. Problems with hole shot on shallow water anchors come from what is getting to be known as the "fulcrum" effect. The higher the anchor is above the boat, the more weight that is thrown back when the boat's bow comes up coming out of the hole. The outboard has to overcome that weight while lifting the stern for the holes shot. As to top end, you're looking simply at drag. The newer series (as you know since you sell them) has been redesigned to help eliminate that drag. If it were mine, I would go with the 8' Talons.
    John
    John thank you for the advice, I always appreciate your input and respect you as a person and your business. you always provide honesty and integrity.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

7. Banned
    Personal experience of the "been there, done that" perspective
    If you are using AGM batteries the Talons will set the CofG back and change how the boat handles at low speeds.
    If you are using Lithium Batteries then you will offset most of the weight of the Talons and the boat will handle just fine.
    If I had the option I would like to see Lithium and 15' Talons with 52" Ultrex upfront.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12