Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Post Alternative Method/Materials for Analog AND Digital Water Pressure (V6/V8 Models)

For 20" Models already rigged with Analog Water Pressure (Gray Tubing), here's a simple method and Parts List to install Digital Water Pressure.

Yes, there are other ways- and these parts vary from the "official" listed Block Pressure Sensor for this engine model.

1@ 892403 Fitting
    1@ 875207 Tee
    1@ 8M0059531 Digital Pressure Sensor

Last edited by EuropeanAM; 08-12-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

In your opinion Don why would one want a analog gauge when the digital gauge can be so much more accurate when linked to your Merc monitor? I like the set up it is clean and simple

4. Member
    one of each, very clean rigging !

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Personally, I would just go with digital. However, since many boats already have an analog Water Pressure gauge (or some folks like having it right there and don't want to replace all their analog gauges during a repower), this is a simple alternative.

Clean! Thanks for sharing!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbeefishin View Post
    In your opinion Don why would one want a analog gauge when the digital gauge can be so much more accurate when linked to your Merc monitor? I like the set up it is clean and simple
    I'm one of those guys who wanted analog gauges even though my current boat was outfitted with a Systems Monitor (SM). The SM was mounted in a terrible location, 90° to my right just forward of the throttle control and to read it, I had to turn right and bend down to see the small display. The analog gauges were in my line of sight in the panel.

When I learned about the Mercmonitor (before I found BBC) and what it could do, I decided then and there the SM was history and so was my analog tach. It made an "analog gauge guy" a believer and once I crossed over, there was no going back.

Fellow BBC members benefited from my upgrade (sold the tach and SM here) so I was happy and those who bought them were too.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    For 20" Models already rigged with Analog Water Pressure (Gray Tubing), here's a simple method and Parts List to install Digital Water Pressure.

Yes, there are other ways- and these parts vary from the "official" listed Block Pressure Sensor for this engine model.

1@ 892403 Fitting
    1@ 875207 Tee
    1@ 8M0059531 Digital Pressure Sensor

don, would these parts also work in the 25” models?

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Yes. If the engine is not equipped with an Analog Block Pressure Kit, one would also be needed.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Yes. If the engine is not equipped with an Analog Block Pressure Kit, one would also be needed.
    Thanks Don, I’ll get with Rhonda when I pick up the new mercury pro xs 250 4 stroke in two weeks!

11. Member
    Is it intuitive once receiving the parts and looking at the picture or is there supposed to be a written description of the modification here as well? I only see the picture with the referenced parts?

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Really straightforward- you're installing the "tee" in the existing GRAY tubing, which you can usually shorten by a couple inches (giving you the piece you need to go up to the sensor, which simply plugs into the wiring provided on the engine).

Remove the dust cap from the wiring connector, plug the sensor in. A couple tie-wraps to hold things in place are advised (and it should look essentially like the picture).

13. Member
    Well there’s nothing obvious looking at my motor, heck I can’t even find the grey tubing lol. I think I will just let you all do it when you do my 20 hr service here in a few weeks.

14. Member
    My motor will be a 25” model.What sensor.i assume digital to go with sc1000 or mercmonitor?

15. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewesurdaddy View Post
    My motor will be a 25” model.What sensor.i assume digital to go with sc1000 or mercmonitor?
    Correct. See Rhonda's post (pinned at the top of the Forum) - if you drop her an email she can set you up.

16. Member
    I did this a while back it may help those that are not sure how simple this is to do.

17. Member
    will the work on a 20 model 300 pro xs v8 and will this read out on the vessel view mobile thanks

18. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sblnchrd View Post
    will the work on a 20 model 300 pro xs v8 and will this read out on the vessel view mobile thanks
    Yes, and Yes

19. Member
    I am old school and also went with the analog water pressure and hour meter gauges. They were much more reasonable in price and serve the purpose for what I am doing. To each his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbeefishin View Post

20. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Additionally, some folks may already have a multi-gauge that has water pressure in it's displays, thus may want to retain the analog gauge but also take advantage of the digital features available through Smartcraft.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast