Garmin interference and other issues

I’m considering a move from birds. One thing I don’t see much of on here is complaints about interference from trolling motors or complaints about eradic depth measures, double bottoms, etc that you see ton of on the bird pegs.

So you guys have similar issues or just don’t complain as much as the bird users?

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

2. Member
    If you search a bit here you will see some older posts about interference. I have had it myself and commented a time or two. Knock on wood, I think that is behind me as I have had no incidents this season at all. The issues (unresolved for me) you mentioned with HB are primarily why I came to Garmin this time. Been quite happy with things.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I had a MG Tour and now the Ultrex.....i have used my Echomap Plus unit on both tm's with minimal interference.......Of course i didnt have issues with my Lowrance either......a few months ago i did swap out garmin ducers on the tm and when i used it for the first time the whole screen lit up with interference but i was reset the sonar settings and about 98% of the interference was gone.....haven't had a chance to really mess with settings but i'm sure i can clean up the reset......

I posted pics on the Garmin image page, the older post are pics from the TM earlier this year, the most recent post is from the new unit on console i just added a month or so ago.....

Units i have are Echomap Plus 93sv (bow & console) with UHD/GT15 on transom and CV52 (earlier in the year) /GT52 within the last month on the TM.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    I’m considering a move from birds. One thing I don’t see much of on here is complaints about interference from trolling motors or complaints about eradic depth measures, double bottoms, etc that you see ton of on the bird pegs.

So you guys have similar issues or just don’t complain as much as the bird users?
    No problem at all with transducer finding bottom quickly. Sometimes I even tilt a transducer as much as 30 degrees and it still had no problem finding bottom quickly.
    Interference from trolling motors is pretty much a hit or miss, You can have it with any brand and when you do it can be a real chore to get rid of it.
    Double bottom? Not sure I understand. Any brand will show double bottom if the range is extended sufficiently. Some people actually adjust their unit to show the double bottom and there's a whole school of thought on the value and interpretation of it. Most units will not show a double bottom if set to auto range. There was a shallow water issue on some bird units, but that may be resolved now. I don't know. I can't imagine they would leave a problem like that unresolved for any length of time. Never seen any depth/bottom issues on any of my Garmins.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.