Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    You're not going to water log the flotation filling the boat one time. It's when water is allowed to sit with the foam for months and years, that's when it becomes saturated... Like I suggested, open all the compartment lids, put a fan in the bilge and let the California sun do it's thing... And also find out where all the water came from... Water shouldn't be in the oil or gas tanks, take the spark plugs out, pull the kill switch and crank it over. If there's water in there the pistons should pump whatever maybe be in there out. If you find water in the cylinders put a couple table spoons of oil in the cylinders crank it over and get it to a mechanic so they can check other components... Dan

2. Member
    Please keep us updated if you find out how the water was coming in and also if water got into the engine. I don't understand how water could have gotten into the engine but if it did, that info and how the water got in might help us all. I worry about mine too as it sits so low in the water the splash well drains are barely above the water.

I bet Dan is right. Big difference in water seeping in and sitting there for years and a brief swamp. I think it’s going to be ok. Same for the motor
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

4. Member
    Those 2 3 inch holes back at the transom that all the lines and cables come thru will let a bunch of water in in a hurry, i did notice that the boots are torn and wide open...just saying.
    Bruce Phillips
    1995 190 DC champion ......1995 200 xri merc

5. Member
    Is it possible that your livewell drain hose came off so your livewell was just draining back into the boat or the hose that connects to the shut off valve was off? I had this happen to me one morning but I caught it quickly since my auto bilge kicked on pretty quickly indicating an issue. That just seems like a lot of water to be caused from waves coming over the back. Just something to possible check. Glad you guys made it back safely!!

All pump fittings are suspect until proven otherwise. Had a pump neck sheared off and thankfully, the auto bilge worked intermittently. You also mentioned the remote drain. Personally I’m not a fan of something that has the potential for mischief as the pump and livewell fittings alone are evil enough. Been on TR in the windiest snottiest conditions and have yet to have that amount water due to boat traffic and unusual wave action. Opened my bilge plug and water ran out for several seconds.
    Update when you find the culprit.
    Larry Eby, 2004 ChampioN 188 Elite/2003 200 Hp Vmax OX66
    "Romans 10:9"

Issue still in the air as boat guy still hasn’t had a chance to look at boat or attend to motor.

Tuesday on my way to see boat someone made a left turn in front of me and we kissed each other. Still did a couple thousand in damage.

Bad luck comes in 3's so I still have one to go. On the way home stopped at the store and bought a half-gallon of Capt. Morgan, mixers, snacks and a case of beer. I ain’t coming out again until I run out of alcohol.

Broken rod and control module fried. Insurance adjuster says they will probably total.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Quote Originally Posted by BigMouth View Post
    Broken rod and control module fried. Insurance adjuster says they will probably total.
    Dang!

11. Banned
    They just want to total the motor, right? What did you find out with the boat?

Boat is totaled waiting for the buy back amount. Don't know what I'm going to do.

Wife is getting a total knee replacement Monday.

Next up for me a bone graft in my right foot for a bone that won't heal.

Then a hernia repair and shoulder surgery for a SLAP tear.

Those two are from pulling in all those lunkers.

Finally just found out today my transplanted kidney may need to be roto-rooted as it's clogged.

Getting old ain't for weaklings but most you all know that . . .

Toss up a few if you could...

Good lord. Sending ya a bunch my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    They just want to total the motor, right? What did you find out with the boat?
    Only thing I can think of that may be wrong with the boat is waterlogged foam. Still haven't had a chance to weigh it and determine if that's a problem or not.

Quote Originally Posted by MMosher View Post
    Good lord. Sending ya a bunch my friend.

16. Banned
    For you and the wife, Champion brother.

Prayers for your family. Godspeed on your healing.

18. Banned
    One thing at a time... Dan

19. Member
    Bruce Phillips
    1995 190 DC champion ......1995 200 xri merc

20. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Dammit man! When it rains is sure pours, Sending up some prayers for the both of you, you can use them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast