New to me 2015 ZX225. Few questions.

Just picked up a ZX225.

Are the rear corners removable for installing another power pole pump? For guys with two, do you have both pumps on one side?

I have the skeeter cover with the ratchets on each side. Do the hooks under the motor hook into each other or go somewhere else?

Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    There are 3 or 4 screws on each corner section of the back deck that you can remove to get access to batteries and Power Pole pumps . I think they are hex screws . Just feel around and you will find them . My pumps are one per side . Can't help with Skeeter cover question .

A good trick that was shown to me..Adjust your ratchets to the length you need on both sides of your cover..When you hook up your cover insert the hooks into your transom tie down straps. Tighten them up using the ratchet on the tie down straps..makes it fast and easy :)

4. Member
    Ah I see. I will give that a shot!!! Thanks!

5. Member
    The panels are removable with trim head screws holding them in place...one pump per side...watch the ratchet strap hooks! Mine were bare metal and any inexperienced helper unfolding the cover would let them ding my gel coat...horrible design for such an expensive cover...I plastic coated mine and hook them into the jack plate...I have an 06 zx225...love the boat, hate the cover...don't leave it on the boat if you are storing it outside in the heat! Mine melted one of my windshields! I can no longer leave it at my camper in midsummer for a week until we return the next weekend and have to tow it back and store it in my enclosed shop...the Velcro flaps are horrible too...nice thought for access to the key and switches and the gas tank cap..but horrible for the ratchet straps...the flaps should be reversed so that they open from the bottom and not the top as they allow water to soak in and corrode the metal ratchets...good luck!

6. Member
    My screws for those rear deck panels are #20 torx.

7. Member
    4 screws per back panel

8. Member
    Thanks fellas