Need some help 200 efi motor

I posted this entire story in the general forum as well, but was told to post it here. I'll get serial number soon as I get home.

Well here is the full details. I had a 150 opti on the boat that ran great, but the boat was rated for a 200 and I wanted a little more speed so I sold the 150 and bought the 200 that's on there now. Right off the bat I was having trouble with low water pressure so I replaced the impellar and that solved my issues as far as water pickup goes. The 3rd time I took it out my lower unit locked up in reverse and wouldn't shift out of it. Took it back to the mechanic(different one than installed the motor) and he swapped me my LU and some money for a used one. The boat had never ran so fast. I was now pushing 70 with no adjustments or fine tuning and nopsi issues. Well when I pulled the boat out there was a chunk missing out of this LU that had been filled with some kind of blondo or something. It just came off I never hit anything. So i took it back and swapped that LU for one that come off a 150. The mechanic said that there was no difference. This time I take the boat out and I start having electrical trouble with my gauges and now my boat wont even plane. Long story short the guy that swapped my 150 for the 200 never hooked my grounds up. They were stuck behind the ecu arcing off the motor. I had to replace stator, rectifiers, ecu, and pretty much every other electrical component on the motor. The impell6that I bought when I got the motor was swapped each time I exchanged LUs. The motor is now running phenomenal but still cant get the water pick up right.

Right now I'm 3 1/4 inches p2p. Turning 6100 rpms trimmed up but losing water pressure 61mph. Plenty of prop slip but I think something is wrong with the LU as well. I've had it as deep as almost 5 inches and sti had the same issue with water pressure. I'm sure I've left stuff out, but it's also on the other thread

2. Banned
    His water pressure at WOT is 5.

Hopefully these guys can get you fixed up, they are the best!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    His water pressure at WOT is 5.

Hopefully these guys can get you fixed up, they are the best!
    Thanks! Just talked to a guy on the phone and it's all a LU problem hes saying. The guy that swapped my LU out put one on with the wrong gear ration

4. Member
    Ratio *

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That's a possibility.

First and foremost- let's get the serial number on this "200" so we know what we are dealing with (at least the top-half).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    I've been so busy with work I've been forgetting to get it when I'm home. I'll post it in the morning!