Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar

Claremore Lake report 10-10-18

Fished Claremore public dock today for the first time ever. Cost me $3 dollars since im not a Claremore resident. Super nice and clean little dock for any of you okies curious. I caught 15 in about an hour with only 3 being what I would consider a keeper. May take the boat there soon. All caught on Koops Crappie Killers and a purple tube jig.

Sidenote- This lake the limit is 37 a person and no size limit.

2. Member
    How the heck did they come up with 37 as a limit? 35 just didn't seem like enough and 40 was too much? LOL

3. Member
    That is an interesting question. Sometime a few years ago i read an article on it but can't remember where the article was from. If i recall correctly, it had something to do with two different factions wanting two different limits for various reasons. Also if i recall it had some input from people supporting surrounding States reciprical laws. I cannot remember correctly if it involved limits for the different species white and black but i believe that was also discussed. Also i think there were differnt numbers to keep at each lake. The legislature came up with 37 to try and appease both sides. I think this was years ago. Some of the Oklahoma guys can most likely clear it up for you. It is unique and interesting both.

Dad always told me Democrat’s wanted 50, Republicans 25 limit, met in the middle (sort of) at 37.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

5. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Junkie View Post
    How the heck did they come up with 37 as a limit? 35 just didn't seem like enough and 40 was too much? LOL
    Beats me lol

6. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CHECrappie View Post
    Dad always told me Democrat’s wanted 50, Republicans 25 limit, met in the middle (sort of) at 37.