Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bend View Post
    I'm retired and don't care.
    That is me. Retired 6 years ago and have not worn a watch since. Every week is six Saturdays and a Sunday.

I don't wear a watch..but I love the Rolexes..beautiful time pieces. Wifey has a beautiful chocolate face diamond bezel dateadjust oyster perpetual.

3. Banned
    I have problems with analog watches. I have difficulty telling time. Digital watches were a Godsend.

4. Member
    I have a Kermit Sub Mariner my wife bought me when my daughter was born in 2006 and it’s awesome. Worth 3x times what she paid for the watch.
    Inwas going to sell it but was told to put in safety deposit box it is a collectors watch.
    I feel it’s not any different then playing in the stock market and you have a Beautiful watch.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

20 years ago my wife bought me a real nice Sekio Kinetic. $450. I wore it a few times when we went out. I have broken more wrist watches then i can count. I always bought Timex, my boss gave me a dozen company watches one time. New tractors came with clocks, then we got cell phones, then i retired---- that watch is still brand new in its original case.

I have a OYSTER DateJust from the 70s

7. Member
    I was looking at getting one for my 50th birthday. I went to the site and just looked at pics not the price. The one I liked the best is this Dark Rhodium Datejust41 dont think its too flashy or calls attention to itself.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badbaggerHD View Post
    LOL I love these comments. How many of you have new boats, a couple grand in poles, a couple grand in tackle, 10k plus in electronics, power poles all to catch a green fish you release. Irony comes to mind.

The Submariner is my favorite looking Rolex. I’d go with the that one if I were buying.
    Exactly.

Wife bought me a DateJust with the blue bezel and silver band for our 25th anniversary. Wear it every day and absolutely love it.
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma

9. Member
    Rolex GMT Master here. It's a nice watch, but I actually like the Seiko Titanium I wear daily even better.

I have a Rolex Oyster Datejust Perpetual. They are great watches & keep perfect time. You will need to send it in every two years to be cleaned & polished. The service is $250. Here is a picture of the watch:

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Before the beginning of great brilliance, you must have chaos."

11. Member
    If you want a Rolex, go for it regardless what everyone is saying. You can always sell it if you don't like it anymore.
    I have an Omega Seamaster Professional 300m COSC certified I bought in 2006.
    Saw a Seiko SARB 017 and SARB 033 and fell in love and got both.
    Selling the Omega. Get what you like.
    If I were to buy a Rolex I'd get an Explorer I or a No Date Sub in Stainless steel.
    Good luck��

12. Member
    I like to wear a watch while fishing tournaments because I hate to take a chance at getting my (third) cell phone wet and losing my phone numbers again.
    I took a raft trip on the Youghiogheny river once and we hit a rapid and almost capsized. My sister was pitched around and hit a fellow rafters wrist and his Rolex flew off into the river. He wanted her to pay for it. My brother, who organized the trip told him he was crazy and to go get it.

Quote Originally Posted by txbass1 View Post
    I find it ironic that some bass fishermen are poo pooing on something that's overpriced, mostly unnecessary, and seen as a luxury.

Ie. new bass boat, power poles, talons, 3 graphs or more, 20-30+ rigs in the rod box, rods and reels that cost $200+ each and up to ?, yada, yada, yada. And before ya get butthurt or twisted, I am guilty of most of that.

To the OP, if I ever wore a watch and had the funds to buy one, it would be a submariner. Always thought they were sharp.

lol interesting perspective..........post of the day
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

I find it ironic that some bass fishermen are poo pooing on something that's overpriced, mostly unnecessary, and seen as a luxury.

Ie. new bass boat, power poles, talons, 3 graphs or more, 20-30+ rigs in the rod box, rods and reels that cost $200+ each and up to ?, yada, yada, yada. And before ya get butthurt or twisted, I am guilty of most of that.

To the OP, if I ever wore a watch and had the funds to buy one, it would be a submariner. Always thought they were sharp.
    Let alone something (Rolex) that can actually appreciate and not tank and pretty much be worth nothing (boats, sonars, etc.)

15. Member
    Wife bought me one for our 10th anniversary. A two tone "bluesy" Submariner. I've enjoyed owning and wearing it, and it is worth considerably more now then 12 years ago. But don't expect it to be great at accuracy. Mine was good when I got it, about a minute a month off. It got gradually worse, so sent it in for service at about 5 years. That made it worse. Sent back in, but didn't improve much, just to within the range they allow. They allow -4 to +6 seconds a day as being in range. 6 seconds a day fast is 3 minutes a month. That's just the way it is in the Rolex world. You will need to set the time on the watch regularly. You don't hear that talked about much, and it sure surprised me. I expected when you spend that kind of money on a watch, the damn thing would be deadly accurate. Not so much.

I hear their new standard for some watches is -2 to +2 per day, at least in a new watch. That would better, if they are able to maintain that over the years, which I doubt.

Mine has gotten worse again, but I don't trust their official service centers anymore. So it's been sitting in the gun safe for a couple of months now.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by alpine4x4 View Post
    Are some of you really comparing a watch to a bass boat? One does a hell of a lot more than just tell time.
    How is it an unfair comparison exactly? Why spend $60-70k on a fancy, fast boat when a $10-15k Tracker or something would suffice? Some people want and can have the fancy boat just like some people want and can have the fancy watch. Could also make the argument that a bass boat is a bit of a one trick pony too, it just gets you from one place to another quickly so you can throw plastic things at a green fish.

17. Banned

FACT!!!!

18. Banned
    Love a nice Rolex .... I looked hard at them bought a Brietling, I think it’s hard to beat a classic like you mentioned.....enjoy as I love mine....I also have a Tag that’s my hunting and fishing watch...

Nothin is wrong with buying or owning a Rolex if that’s what you want. I’ve had several but always bought and or traded used ones. Never lost a dime and had fun doing it. It’s like old cars...most times you’ll never loose money if you do it right. Sold my last one a few years back and now I wear a Seiko diver I bought new 1987. It’s a little rough. Also have a newer one in perfect condition I bought in 1995.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    Nothin is wrong with buying or owning a Rolex if that’s what you want. I’ve had several but always bought and or traded used ones. Never lost a dime and had fun doing it. It’s like old cars...most times you’ll never loose money if you do it right. Sold my last one a few years back and now I wear a Seiko diver I bought new 1987. It’s a little rough. Also have a newer one in perfect condition I bought in 1995.
    I have a Seiko diver that is pretty old, Serial # is in the 200 range. Damn thing is really heavy, and being a self winder, it doesn't keep real good time. But it's a nice watch.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast