Thread: changing motors

Banned

changing motors

I have a 1999 EFI Merc 150 Hp. I have achance to swap out motors to a 200hp 1993 Mariner. I have been looking to get some more horse power. My question is would y'all do it? Is it worth swaping the out? The compression is good on the older motor. Mine motor runs great.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    It would depend on the condition of the older engine... but I'm guessing I probably would NOT.

If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required info with your posts. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    If the motor is in good Health / i have a 1991 200 Hp Mariner carb on a 20 foot boat and it runs 65 gps all day long . It has been re-built and low hrs since then around 6-7 years ago .