Skeeter zx190 set up help.

I have a 1996 ZX190 with a 96 175EFI turning a Yamaha 25M at 5950rpm. I just got this prop today and ran 66.8mph with the prop 3” below pad, this is just myself and a 1/2 tank fuel, I am really only looking for maybe 68, 69 mph so my tournament load speed is 65,66. I do plan to play with the jackplate just didn’t have time this evening. My question is do the Yamaha props like to run high or low? I am also still fighting a chinewalk/porpoising issue. It is almost like my bow is moving in a clockwise circle. I have had previous boats that chinewalked and I could quickly fix it with steering but nothing that I do with the wheel will fix this one. I did have a trophy prop on this boat which would also porpoise but I thought that was because the trophy didn’t provide enough lift. The chinewalk/ porpoise is very bad until I can gain enough speed to get bow lift and trap air between the water and hull, after that it is manageable but still would like to fix it. I hope just lowering the motor will stop the porpoising, lower my rpms a little and help me get on plane better which is pretty mediocre. Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Hayden scott; 10-09-2018 at 09:54 PM.

The chine walks from the motor being low in the water. Whats your water pressure at when youre running? I'd raise the motor up on the plate 1/4'' at a time til you start to lose water pressure. Then bump it down a notch. That'll probably fix your issues.

3. Pat Goff
    Put your regular fishing load in it, and you'll see a different boat. What its doing is not chine walk.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

4. Member
    I have a good friend that has the same rig running a 175 opti max on it he runs a 25 tempest . Boat will run 68 to 70 loaded . The boat is a drivers boat you have to have your driver face on at wide open speeds . Nature of the beast .