Another question about Guntersville.

for the late November time frame what would be a better area to stay at. The State Park or Goose pond.
    not sure yet if we are camping or staying in a room
    how is each area to run on the main lake

2. Member
    Don't know much about State Park area, but never had a problem with the Goose pond area - I put in at PB Conner - (I think that's how you spell it) and stay at hotels.

3. Member
    I'd suggest the State Park, great security, boat hook ups, great launch and the views from the Lodge are great. Both are in the hottest areas of the lake which is referred to as the "miracle Mile" even though it's about 6 miles. Goose Pond is nice and offers lots of different restaurants there in Scottsboro and it's close to the BB Comer bridge/launch. Goose Pond area does have more grass cover flats for fall froggin. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by DougH; 10-09-2018 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Spelling

4. Member
    The cabins at goose pond is where I always stay and just leave the boat in the water, the boat ramp is about 300 yards away if you'd like to put it back on the trailer. I never liked fishing down the river in the fall but I grew up in Goosepond and really had no need to go that far. It is a huge body of water so don't get trapped moving everywhere. The frog grass bite gets hot in the fall. Good luck and be safe.

5. Member
    We normally stay at one of the hotels in Scottsboro. Goose Pond is maybe 15 mins? There is a Wally World there is Scottsboro as well as fuel and plenty of places to eat. Make sure and lock your stuff up ANYWHERE you stay around Guntersville! I always cover my boat as an added measure. It won't stop a thief, but every little bit helps.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by transdep1 View Post
    Don't know much about State Park area, but never had a problem with the Goose pond area - I put in at PB Conner - (I think that's how you spell it) and stay at hotels.

BB Comer

Regardless of where you stay, you'll end up fishing around goose pond.
    Joey Aderhold

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaderhold View Post
    BB Comer

Regardless of where you stay, you'll end up fishing around goose pond.
    Fishing is currently VERY tough!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingwillie View Post
    Fishing is currently VERY tough!
    Yep, I only caught 8 today, the guy with me only got one. Hopefully I’ve found a pattern for a decent day tomorrow.

Heartland classic next week, gonna try to get over tomorrow and Sunday to spend some time in the water, I usually stay at the cabins at waterfront, where I'll be this time, or the ones overlooking siebold, very nice but out of the way, if not either of those I'm usually at the state park...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

To me the State Park is great except for towing in and out to local gas or eats. So I always opt Waterfront up. Scottsboro side is quick access to allot of ramps.
    Kerry Copeland
    2015 Skeeter ZX250/250 SHO
    Decatur, Alabama

Yeah that road going up to the state resort is a pain in the rump that's true..guess if you're fishing an event it all depends on where it's located...if not there for an event and just fun fishing Kerry makes a good point but don't over look some of old Guntersville as far as town goes...pretty cool old town...most of these old fishing towns are like that...aside from fishing...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

12. Member
    Jackson Park in Scottsboro has some nice new cabins, at least they were nice from the outside. They had a sign up for 100.00 a night which is right in line with most hotel rooms which can be 89.00 a night.

13. Every Man A Wildcat!! ReelDoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Jackson Park in Scottsboro has some nice new cabins, at least they were nice from the outside. They had a sign up for 100.00 a night which is right in line with most hotel rooms which can be 89.00 a night.
    Be sure to check the "cleaning fee" for the Jackson County Park cabins. Bobbie checked them out when they had open house and said they were fine but nothing special. We do like their ramp - that's where I taught her to back the trailer. Tell your wifey hi from us!

SSgt, US Air Force, 1967-75

Veteran - a person who at some time in their life wrote a blank check payable to "The United States of America" in the amount of "up to and including my life".

14. Banned
    If the weather was clear, I'd say go for the State Park Inn. The view from the back decks overlooking the lake 500' below is absolutely incredible at sunset.

I'd be in Guntersville if it was cloudy, though. I actually used to stay down in Albertville for less money.