Looking for small camper

Looking at small campers for deer camp, like the layout of this one but know nothing about campers!
    Any recommendations?
    https://rv.campingworld.com/rvdetail...10k-SAR1575110

2. Member
    Do yourself a favor and get one with a slide out. There are several companies offering them in even the small ultralight models these days. You will be so much happier in the long run and your ability to resell it will go up drastically. People just don't want campers without slides these days as a general rule. We went from an old Layton without a slide to a new Starcraft with a dinette slide. They were both virtually the same length and the difference in comfort is night and day. Our new one also has a rear couch that faces back toward the front of the unit were the TV is mounted instead of being on the side wall and that is a BIG comfort feature too. I walked through a smaller Rockwood that had a dinette slide and a Murphy bed at the front that was very, very nicely laid out for it's size. Might check out some of there floor plans.

3. Banned
    If I was to have a trailer for just hunting trips, or to leave out somewhere, I would not have a unit with a slide. Too many issue can develop with slide models...leaks, rodent intrusion, etc.

You can find used ones for a lot less also. From dealers and also on craigslists, peddler, etc.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    If I was to have a trailer for just hunting trips, or to leave out somewhere, I would not have a unit with a slide. Too many issue can develop with slide models...leaks, rodent intrusion, etc.
    You can run the slide in when you leave, you don't have to leave it extended.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Junkie View Post
    You can run the slide in when you leave, you don't have to leave it extended.
    Might not mater to you, but my problem with a slideout is you have no floor space when it's in. We haul kayaks, bikes etc. We have a 19 ft. toy hauler.

7. Member
    Thanks for all the input, I bought this one yesterday.
    http://www.rvcity.biz/2019-forest-ri...er-ar-i2396664

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomworms View Post
    Very nice. Let us know how it works in the field. I will be especially interested in reports on how well it tows.
    Happy camping
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

9. Banned
    That travel trailer should do a good job for you. And it is half ton towable.

We have a late model 36' fifth wheel trailer with a bunkhouse, 4 slides and an outside kitchen. My wife would never let me take such a trailer off to deer camp. She makes me take my shoes off at the door.

I too like the 28' travel trailers with a big slide in the living room/kitchen and one that has a fiberglass exterior. They are available on the used trailer market, but they're not inexpensive.

10. Member
    Camper worked great and towed good. It was pretty nice to stay at camp this year in a warm bed!

11. Member
    Have a look at the Jayco brand. They have good workmanship and quality above many.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoomworms View Post
    Should be fine for a deer camp,beats sleeping in a tent.

13. Member
    Someone mentioned used! I would definitely look used for a deer camp trailer. Lots of deals out there. Even the new ones are being slashed to sell them.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellbass View Post
    Someone mentioned used! I would definitely look used for a deer camp trailer. Lots of deals out there. Even the new ones are being slashed to sell them.
    Look at guote #7.