Man, The River Keeps Rising

Again, it is over the 14 ft mark and is headed toward flood stage - 16 ft. What a year! The weather this year has been brutal. Even when the sun shines the water coming down river as been high and muddy. A lot of wood floating downstream and channels and running lanes are gone under water. I'm actually considering fishing the Fox Chain which is 100 miles closer to my house. It may also be flooded - I haven't checked. At least the summer crazies wouldn't be on the water.

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

2. Member
    We have our final tournament this weekend on pool 9. I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever see normal water level again!
    LEGEND ALPHA 199DCX / 225 PRO XS MERCURY

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rips LEGEND View Post
    We have our final tournament this weekend on pool 9. I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever see normal water level again!
    Cancelled ours (our Classic destination) a few days back and went with another locale

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

4. Member
    The river above and below the Chain is in minor flood stage, The Chain itself is not, I'm sure the food gates at Mc Henry Dam are wide open for winter draw down. I live literally minutes from the Chain and refuse to pay for a sticker to fish it. If you have Wisconsin license drive a few miles further for better fishing. License is cheaper than a sticker unless you already have one.

5. Member

Harvester?
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

Mississippi backing up into the Kaskaskia here. Just got the bottom ground beans off yesterday as it was spilling out into the lower corner of the field.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooksetter5 View Post
    Again, it is over the 14 ft mark and is headed toward flood stage - 16 ft. What a year! The weather this year has been brutal. Even when the sun shines the water coming down river as been high and muddy. A lot of wood floating downstream and channels and running lanes are gone under water. I'm actually considering fishing the Fox Chain which is 100 miles closer to my house. It may also be flooded - I haven't checked. At least the summer crazies wouldn't be on the water.
    The river is closed and the chain is no wake

8. Banned
    The Fox Chain is a no wake, upper and lower rivers are closed. Water is 2ft over summer pool and currently dropping

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbully71 View Post
    Harvester?
    Yep Harvester. took 28.5 to win! Not me

10. Member
    Wow, 28.5 on pool 9? That's a nice bag anywhere.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbully71 View Post
    Wow, 28.5 on pool 9? That's a nice bag anywhere.
    2 day bag. Surprising with the conditions!

Update: just checked it this morning and it is just under 16'... that is not very inviting.

It has been over a year since we fished Lake of the Ozarks and I have a very good buddy who is pushing 83 and would love to have a drink with him. It looks like a good time to make that happen. Not many men still around who were on the job when we were out there on the streets. I remember every one of them and there are stories about each. Some make me smile & some make me wonder about the mysteries of life. Bless them all.

Ranger R93 / Merc 200

10/25 level is at 15.08 ... looks like the high water may become the new normal. Not Really - but this summer was tough on everyone in the area. Still hoping to make one more trip if it ever drops down .......

Ranger R93 / Merc 200

14. Member
    I have given up on the river for the year! High water has screwed bites for me since July. Had enough slow days. My deer hunting starts Monday.

I have given up on the river for the year! High water has screwed bites for me since July. Had enough slow days. My deer hunting starts Monday.
    Rip, That's Bad news for the deer.

It looks like we won't be back spending any money this year in Savanna. Wednesday we leave for Lake of The Ozarks...

Ranger R93 / Merc 200

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooksetter5 View Post
    Rip, That's Bad news for the deer.

It looks like we won't be back spending any money this year in Savanna. Wednesday we leave for Lake of The Ozarks...
    Bad news for a fat doe this morning! Now looking for an even fatter buck!