1999 mercury 175 efi serial 0G88137 warning light issue

1st problem I had was the top regulator fried. Replaced regulator now as soon as the motor fires the warning light for oil/temp flashes and beeps. The ground wire to the oil module was fried along with several others. I cut back to good wiring and replace bad sections. Could this have fried the oil module? Or could it be a temp sensor issue. How do you tell what the beeping means? Thanks in advance

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required info with your posts. Thanks!

(Serial Number is missing a digit).

Normally regulators are replaced IN PAIRS (almost never just "one"). Would need to see the wiring situation you describe... sounds like a rather large area of "glowing wires" may have occurred.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    I figured out the problem. But another question. I've got the understanding that you order service manuals. Is this true? If so I need to come by and see you. I think I used to be your neighbor if you lived in the 290 area about 6 yrs ago I lived next to Ronnie before he moved. Serial #0G886137. And you would be correct on the glowing wires although they were bare when I discovered them. I purchased 2 regulators I'll go ahead and replace the second.
    Last edited by Jlewis71; 10-10-2018 at 11:21 PM.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Come by the office- we can set you up with whatever you might need.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor