Anyone running Cooper STT Pros or AT3 XLT?

Time to get new tires on my truck. Currently have Cooper STT's and was looking at the AT3 XLT or the STT Pros. Anyone with either care to chime in? Would be putting them on a 2010 Silverado 1500.
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    250HP Evinrude E-Tec

"Haulin' Ass and Chasin' Bass"

Just put a set of AT3 XLT on my 2015 RAM 2500. Only been about 400-500 miles so far. They are pretty quite for as aggressive as the tread is. So far I like them. A guy I work with ran the old style AT3 on a Nissan Frontier Pro4X. He did run E rated tires on a light truck but got over 80K miles out of them. He put another set on it when they wore out.

Got the SSTs on my Chevy...1.5 years... They haven't held up nearly as well as the last set Nittos honestly...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

4. Member
    Most of the guys on Tundras.com who wheel hard, I mean long and mid travel suspension, 70 mph through the desert, rocks, etc. are running the STT. These guys abuse their trucks on purpose just for the fun of it and see how far they can go until something breaks plus they pay with their own $$ no sponsors. That to me says a lot if I wanted that aggressive of a tire.

5. Member
    Hasn’t had the at3 xlt but the standard at3 were great tires. I run them on my dually farm truck and got almost 60k out of them. A lot of it hauling heavy hay loads.

6. Member
    I don't have a clue what model of Coopers I have on my trucks but I have always been happy with them.

7. Member
    Check out the st maxx or mastercraft cxt, both have a tread pattern more aggressive than at3 but not a mudder like the stt. It would be hard for me to go from an stt to a tire like the at3. Maybe check out the cooper atp also

8. Member
    It depends on how much driving you do? They get choppy and loud fast. I would rotate them every oil change to prevent the choppiness. Good tires though!

I had great luck out of Cooper AT3 on a previous truck and I got a little over 50,000 miles on Cooper ST Maxx on my 3/4 ton Ram diesel. Cooper makes a great tire. I think they may have a rebate going on right now too. Get the 10 ply.

10. Member
    Thanks guys. Have had coopers and never had issues. Drive mostly on the road pulling the boat but do need some good traction for getting into deer camp when we have snow and when I'm driving out on the ice for ice fishing
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    250HP Evinrude E-Tec

"Haulin' Ass and Chasin' Bass"

11. Member
    I had great luck out of Cooper AT3 on a previous truck and I got a little over 50,000 miles on Cooper ST Maxx on my 3/4 ton Ram diesel. Cooper makes a great tire. I think they may have a rebate going on right now too. Get the 10 ply.
    Thank you very much, you just made me $70 bucks, I bought a set of AT3's last week.

12. Member
    I have a 2013 chevy 1500 and have the at3's. Got about 45,000 miles on them and probably have another 10-15,000 left on them. They have been a pretty decent tire for the price. I have noticed they have gotten a little louder than normal with the wear.
    "Montani semper liberi"

Quote Originally Posted by jeffie View Post
    Thank you very much, you just made me $70 bucks, I bought a set of AT3's last week.

14. Derek McCullough
    I went from AT3's (got just under 50k miles) to the new XLT and so far I really like them. They're on a 17 Tundra and ride great, very good traction in the rain as well

15. Member
    I had some Cooper AT3's on my previous Ram. Thought they wore way too quick. Probably only got 25K on them (2nd winter I think) before I had to change them due to bad snow performance. Went with Hankook Dynapro ATMs, loved that tire. Great traction in the snow.

16. Member
    I put a set of AT3 son my last truck. They got too loud even with rotating

17. Member
    No problems with my AT3’s. I put another set on my other truck. Extremely pleased plus American made.