TOC Table Rock 2018 AAR

Well another TOC has come and gone. This is the largest TOC tournament turnout to date. We'd like to thank everyone involved: Fisherman, Sponsors, Hosts, Friends, Tournament Directors etc. Thank you, thank you.

Here's a quick recap.

The Thursday social BBQ saw some new faces and a bunch of old ones. If you left hungry it was your own fault. Missouri BBQ and Louisiana Boudin and Gumbo were on the menu. I may have gained a few pounds that night....

Friday was a busy day.

Boat show: Bill and Kathy Hauss won the Champion Division, again, in a 99 203 that looks like it just came off the showroom. Greg Johnson won the BCB division in his 2013 Cougar FTD. Jason Parker won best of show in his 2017 Eyra. There were some sweet classic there as well. From what I recall 16'8, 17'6, 18'4, 19'0, 202 BnB, 202, 203, 206 just to name a few.

Demo Rides: Bills Marine and BCB had a couple Lynx and Caracals to run around. The new V8 Mercurys are pretty darned impressive. Bills Marine had the lone Evinrude 250 and this was impressive as well. If I had to buy new it'd be a tough choice.

Silent Auction: We had over 60 items to auction on. Some folks got some really good deals on fishing gear and accessories.

Saturday:
    Saturday morning we had over 65 boats take off. This beat last year's number of 57. This was the largest turn out of any TOC we've had to date. For the first time since we combined this with BCB, a Champion owner (John Cook and Allan McMillan) has won it (15.70 pounds) and will representing the Champ folks down in Mt. Home Arkansas for the fish off against the other winners from the BCB national regional series. Go get em boys.

Fish-4-Tales:
    Between the Silent Auction, Gun Raffle, Hotdog and Drink donations, Gun Auction and Tournament payout we raised over $5800.00 for Fish-4-Tales. This was also out largest donation for our chosen charity yet.

Yes, we're ALREADY in the planning stages for next year.

Thanks everyone.

Matt
    Last edited by MMosher; 10-10-2018 at 07:12 PM.

2. Member
    Thank You for a great time and great Tournament..
    Bruce Phillips
    1995 190 DC champion ......1995 200 xri merc

3. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Great report, Matt!! I wish I could be there next year! I do not like to fly, but maybe y best friend and I could make it a road trip. We'll see. Meanwhile, GREAT job to you!!!

Hope to have pic's up soon

Here's some of the crew after the tournament.

My partner Mitch Mitcheltree,

Last edited by BigMouth; 10-10-2018 at 12:39 AM.

6. Member
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

Man... i may have to make the trip to this next year, sounds like a great time with great people!!!

I'm so glad I was able to make it down this year. It was a great time with great people .The food on Thursday evening was very ,very good. And thanks to Matt and Tom for making it so as well as anyone else who helped .Table Rock is a great and beautiful lake . I plan on being there next year as well.
    I picked up some really good deals at the silent auction while knowing the money was going to a great cause.

As a side note (and I'm sure Matt just overlooked it ) I had my 171 DC THERE AS WELL ! HELLO
    1995 CHAMPION 171 DC

Glad you enjoyed it brotha. We had a blast too.

10. Member
    Again Kevin and I had a great time. The fish wouldn't really cooperate, but every thing else was great. Met somemore really great people. Next year I need to spend more time watching the silent auction and less time yacking. Thanks to Matt ,Tom, and everyone else that makes this event possible. We are already planning next year.
    1990 Champion 176 SC... 1990 MERC 115
    ​I love the smell of coffee and 2 stroke exhaust at sunrise.......

Matt, sent you a PM. Ray
    BassinBarrister
    2001 ChampioN 206 Elite
    225 Yamaha VMax EFI
    25P Trophy Plus Prop