Bladed jig questions.

I've been making my own bladed (vibrating jigs) for a few years now. I use a flat eye 60 degree jig hook and attach my blades via owner hyper wire split rings. They work really well when the blade doesnt get bound up and stuck. This makes it spiral back and it gets hung up pretty badly.

Has anyone found a better style ring thats strong enough that'll work? Im using the round #2's on my 3/8 and a #3 on my 1/2 (because I use a 6/0 hook on those). Ive been looking at the new owner tear drops and oval rings, also some different decoy rings. Just looking for something a little less fool proof because I have some people wanting to pay me for some and I dont want to sell a bait that only works right 90-95% of the time.

Question number two. I use the rounded blades from lure parts online and they have a lot more lift compared to the coffin shape blades on the name brand stuff. Has anyone tried the rounded blades with the bubble holes? Im thinking they may give less lift but want to know for sure because I usually order in bulk.

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried jump rings? I haven't, but it may work for you. http://www.lurepartsonline.com/Onlin...ump-Rings.html

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Green Fish Bait Brewery
    I have and still use the ones with holes. I bend the top to get less resistance.

i also went to these.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/50Pack-Stai...26.m5232.l9681
    Ron
    Green Fish Bait Brewery (FB)
    Veteran

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Dead View Post
    I have and still use the ones with holes. I bend the top to get less resistance.

i also went to these.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/50Pack-Stai...26.m5232.l9681

If you sell a bait with that shape of blade you will get a cease and desist letter or possibly legal action.

5. Green Fish Bait Brewery
    Quote Originally Posted by Smalljaw67 View Post
    If you sell a bait with that shape of blade you will get a cease and desist letter or possibly legal action.
    b

agree, most likely you will. His first sentence states he makes them for him and he is using split rings. Tread lightly Ferzy.
    Ron
    Green Fish Bait Brewery (FB)
    Veteran

6. Member
    This is just local sales to buddies, I also do not infringe on the patent by not using coffin shaped blades and I do not directly connect to the lure. Last I heard the patent was expired anyways, how else is Picasso and everyone else knocking off chatterbaits?

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AKFerzy7 View Post
    This is just local sales to buddies, I also do not infringe on the patent by not using coffin shaped blades and I do not directly connect to the lure. Last I heard the patent was expired anyways, how else is Picasso and everyone else knocking off chatterbaits?
    The Chatterbait didn't have a patent issued on it until 2009 and then they had another in 2010. So you can't use the hex shaped blades or direct blade attachment for at least another 10 years. You can use them for yourself or give some to friends but you can't sell them. Z-man is very protective of their patents and they spend the money to enforce them, if you buy the hex blades that are coming in from China, you can bet the Z-man already knows how they are being distributed and if you buy more than 100 or so you get at least a letter. I know you only want to sell them to a few local guys but the problem occurs when they tell two friends and they tell two friends and so on. You may not sell but 5 of them but all it takes is 1 malcontent to know about the Z-man patent and you may find yourself in a place you don't want to be. I'm not preaching, just don't want to see someone get in trouble for stuff like that, I ended up with a letter just for buying the coffin shaped blades and it was pretty threatening.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Looks alot like the ones I make. Ill try to get a pic, but I use the do-it trokar swim jig mold and it makes a pretty tough bait.

10. Member
    Anyone got a closeup pic of how the jump rings work on the bladed jigs?
    I,d rather be tried by 12 than be carried by 6

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TE 863 View Post
    Anyone got a closeup pic of how the jump rings work on the bladed jigs?
    I'm not sure if the jump blade will work. I tried using 4mm jump rings for single hook replacement on cranks about 6 years ago, they worked until I had a fish on and remarkably I got the fish in but the jump ring pulled apart enough to leave a nice gap. I'd love to hear from someone who has used them with success on a bladed jig, they would be much easier than a split ring for sure.