jack plate not level.

I recently bought a 2015 phoenix 920 pro xp with a mercury 250 pro xs and a 10" z-lock jack plate. I was adjusting p2p today and noticed that it is about an 1/8" or more out of level. Will that affect anything major?

2. Member
    Nope,there’s been a couple,of posts about that over the years. It only matters if it matters to you. A buddy of mine had a 1997 zx200 Skeeter that was almost 1/2”lower on one side and it was a good riding and handling boat,didn’t make a bit of difference.

The plate may be level with the pad, but not appearing level with the top cap, the plate can be adjusted left and right by some amount also
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    Thank you

5. Member
    I have a 2810 ZX200 with a Slidemaster. One side measures 1/4 difference than the other or one side shows 6 dots the other 7. Next time I go to the dealer I will have them adjust it otherwise I don't notice anything.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

6. Member
    The jack plate may be level with the pad, it does not really matter if it is level to the deck.

7. Member
    Mine is about 1/2inch off and never had a problem.

8. Member
    My old 2014 Skeeter had the jackplate mounted/drilled crooked. I didn't notice it until I mounted 2 talons and tried to level them. I called the dealer, he agreed with my findings and contacted Skeeter. Skeeter at first wanted to fill and re-drill and mount the jackplate. I found that unacceptable for a new boat (especially with the price they get for new boats). My dealer agreed with me and backed me up. Skeeter ended up replacing the boat.
    Brad Krone

9. Member
    Could be a mistake but i have seen some boats set up to take into cosideration for the way the boat would be loaded driver weight rotation of prop and so on . Main think hows it brun ?

10. Member
    The one thing i do when making adjustments is to make sure my LU is in line with the center of my pad.