Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianFLA View Post
    My proxs 4stroke came from the factory with a 23 temptest plus.
    Perhaps from Ranger... from Merc it had no propeller.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

2. Member
    Well any word on how it performs

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

4. Member
    Just picked it up Saturday afternoon haven’t had time to get it wet.

5. Member
    Got it wet yet? Lots of guys with these motors trying to get their motors set up right including me. I have a Bravo that Im getting ready to send to Mark to re-pitch for this motor unless I hear great things from you on this Tempest. So far everything with these V8s and my hull is an expensive guessing game.

6. Member
    I am planning on running mine tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by chris c View Post
    I am planning on running mine tomorrow.

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

8. Member
    We had a bunch of rain so I didn't take it out, then had a tx sunday that I fished in a jetboat. Supposed to storm this weekend too.... Maybe I'll get it run before christmas LOL

9. Member
    Ok, finally ran my new 250 today.....WOW!!! To begin with it sounds bad ass when you crank it lol. One thing not really mentioned is how dang smooth this motor is when shifting, butter smooth. Hole shot, acceleration, top end, all exceeds my expectations. Didn’t open it up for any long runs but saw 74.1mph at 6200rpm with the 24p tempest all plugs removed. I might try to add a plug back because it wanted to cabotage a little more than normal on break over.

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Assuming that was "ventilate" a little more than normal on break over (not "cabotage"). Enjoy!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

11. Member
    I think I meant to put cavitate, maybe ventilate is the correct word LOL. Anyway Im happy. The only negative that I have noticed with this motor is that there is the chance you will damage the midsection covers when installing the cowl if you do not place it into perfect position while re-installing it. There are tabs that hang down below the cowl that can rest on midsection cover. I know if I could manage to chip my mid cover other people have done it or will

12. Member

So how is that Tempest Plus 24 pitch working out?

Chris,
    I just purchased a new Merc 250 Pro XS and the Rep. strongly recommended this prop. I'm still doing the "break in". Kinda difficult right now with all our lakes closing (corona virus). Anyways, I was interested in the vent plugs and how you ended up? I was told by the Rep. to leave them all in for now. Just curious.

Thanks,
    Harry

13. Member
    I ran it with no plugs installed, ran great. Im sure based on loads and hull design you might have to play with it a bit.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chris c View Post
    Ok, finally ran my new 250 today.....WOW!!! To begin with it sounds bad ass when you crank it lol. One thing not really mentioned is how dang smooth this motor is when shifting, butter smooth. Hole shot, acceleration, top end, all exceeds my expectations. Didn’t open it up for any long runs but saw 74.1mph at 6200rpm with the 24p tempest all plugs removed. I might try to add a plug back because it wanted to cabotage a little more than normal on break over.

Do you have Power Poles or Talons on the boat?

15. Member
    FWIW I took my 2014 Ranger Z520C out for the first time since repowering to the 4 stroke 250 PRO XS. Used my 25 Tempest from my old 250 Opti PRO XS. Won't get out of its own way on the hole shot. 5640 was top RPM after 2 hours. Full fuel no tackle and just me. Probably keep for a spare. Torn between the 24 Tempest and a 23 Fury.

16. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired cop View Post
    FWIW I took my 2014 Ranger Z520C out for the first time since repowering to the 4 stroke 250 PRO XS. Used my 25 Tempest from my old 250 Opti PRO XS. Won't get out of its own way on the hole shot. 5640 was top RPM after 2 hours. Full fuel no tackle and just me. Probably keep for a spare. Torn between the 24 Tempest and a 23 Fury.
    I wouldn't use ANYTHING over a 23P (and the 23P Fury MAY be on the steep side for your setup). Also need to make sure that engine is actually achieving 100% Demand Linear on the G3-2019 Computer Diagnostic System.

17. Member
    can anyone tell me the hub number for the fury 24 for a 2020 225 four stroke friend just got a new motor and is tring aprop off of a 2017 225 2 stroke and it has a different hub

18. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtracer View Post
    can anyone tell me the hub number for the fury 24 for a 2020 225 four stroke friend just got a new motor and is tring aprop off of a 2017 225 2 stroke and it has a different hub
    Good idea to get some information from your friend (serial number) as Mercury doesn't use "years" (and really need to identify gearcase on his Fourstroke).

I suspect his Fourstroke has the 1.25" propshaft, in which case 840389K06 & 840389Q06 (HD Racing) will work. RECOMMEND using the SSR Hub Kit (do NOT install until certain he is keeping the prop he's installing): Part# 8M0101601.

Tagged and following for more info

Don just out of curiosity, whats the benefit of the SSR Hub Kit over the others you mentioned above? I have one of the others is the reason I ask
    15' Phoenix 919 XP 20' 225 Pro XS 4s / 17' GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12