Ultrex cable sleeve problem

Well I'm wondering if anyone has had this small problem. Its more of irritation then a problem I guess. Basically where the black sheathe covers the wires for the cables from the foot pedal all the way to the control head. At the control head it has shrunk or wasn't cut long enough and now exposes 1/2" of the wires before they go into the plastic housing at the control head. Doesn't change functionality at all obviously just a bit of an eye sore. I tried to use black electrical tape and it wont hold. I'm not sure if the T-H Marine Troll Jacket would work because the black housing cables go through is very thick. Looking for ideas on how to fix this eye sore.

My first thought would be to check the other end and see if there is enough to slide the cover towards the head.
    Even if there wasn't enough.. the gap at the foot control would not be as noticeable.

3. Member
    As mentioned above, the sleeve has worked down into the grommet at the foot pedal. simply slide it up and into the top grommet. The sleeves are cut to a standard length on all the Maxxums, Fortrex, Edge, Ultrex model trolling motors.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Member
    Thanks guys, I ended up sliding sleeve out of the bottom grommet by foot pedal about an inch and was able to feed enough back into the top grommet to cover wires again.