Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I think I have come in second in about 5 club tournaments this year by less than 1 lb each. The good thing is that those finishes are great for AOY, which I will win this year even without fishing the last event. It just sucks to not get the W.
    2020 Triton TRX19- Mercury 225 ProXs 4s
    Solix 12 MSI Console, Solix 12MDI Bow
    Helix 9 Mega 360 Bow
    Garmin 106sv Livescope Bow
    Ultrex, Dual 8' Power Pole Blades
    2022 Silverado
    Member of Skoolin' Bass Anglers and Wolf River Bass Club

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Babe Winkleworm View Post
    I fished the TBF national semi finals over the weekend as a Co angler. The fishing was brutal tough for everyone. Day one, I was just a pound behind the leader. I fished hard on day two and ended up getting second by 1.97#. I should be happy to make it that far and accomplish that. But I can't help but feel let down. I was looking forward to Nationals as I have never been to an event of that level. My buddy won the boater side so it would have been cool to travel together.
    So let me ask... How far have you went, just to come up a little short?
    Made the Nationals in 2015, had a blast. A couple of years ago made the top 5 in the semifinal, and left withour staying for the pictures and check. Like you, I felt like it was win or go home. Trying again this weekend on Lake Martin. Wish me luck!

My last year of fishing the Kentucky federation as a co angler I missed the state team by .01 pounds. I didn’t have the fish on make it, didn’t lose one, but damn that sucked. Last month as a boater at the Kentucky state championship I finished 2nd by less than a pound. Had the winning fish hooked and it jumped off next to the boat. Would have easily been over 2 pounds and I had to weigh in a 12” spot that probably weighed less than a pound. Oh well, it wasn’t meant to be. On to our semi final later this month.
    2021 Ranger Z519 Mercury 225 Pro XS Four Stroke

4. Member
    12 or so years ago, i missed making the all American by 2 ounces. They took the top 6 that year, year before they had taken the top 8. One more 12" fish and I make it. Cant tell yall how many 11 3/4" fish i threw back...:(

5. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Lost on a dead fish penility. Worse though I Didn't weight what would have been big fish in a Costa, because I looked at the leaderboard wrong.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

.25 of a pound on our club scales at the time. (4oz) on a normal person like me understanding.

7. Member
    Missed going to the BASS Weekend Series national championship tournament by 2 oz at the regionals. I had the fish to make it in my livewell but I thought it was 1/8 inch short so I dumped it before weigh in. Did not know about pinching or fanning the tail at that time and that fish would have easily counted. Duh!

8. Member
    Had 5 fish on high rock lake that weighed 26.12 and got beat with 5 that weighed 26.14. Lost the points championship that year by 1 point.

9. Member
    Lost a end of year championship because my 4 fish weighed as much as someone else's 5. In a single tournament tie is determined by biggest fish but championship goes by most then biggest. Sucks in a winner take all event with my linker losing out by 1oz.

Allen

10. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    This one time, at band camp... Digging hard from second, I got the wave-around at third, but made a terrible turn... Hooked a cleat and ended up sprawled out just past the base coach’s box...

...horseshoes and hand-grenades.
    Who controls John Gill?

Couple weeks ago in a small club tourney lost Big Bass by .001 of a pound and lost the tournament .002 of a pound. About as close as it gets.

12. Member
    Fished the BITE Classic on Watts Bar several years ago. First place was a new boat, 2nd was a Ford F150 and 3rd was $2000. We missed the truck by .05 or 5 one hundredths of a pound. I have never been so mad to win $2000.
    Born to fish, forced to work.

Weekend series championship on the Potomac missed fishing the final day by less than a pound finished 26th place. Have also been on he good side of winning by a little also. This past weekend my son lost Reserve champion buy less than a point in his championship horse competition.

14. BIG BLUE NATION
    got in a fight once, came in second. Lost by 2 punches!!

15. Member
    ^^^^^^ Not much of a fight if it was the first two.

i think Kyle Cortiana recent loss at Gibson is the worst ive heard, tied for the win on Day 3, so the tie breaker is who ever has the heaviest day 2 sack, so he got second instead of winning about $80k he only one about $13k. Lost $67K to a tie breaker.
    "The Green Machine!"

1998 ProCraft 200 BASS
    1998 Mariner EFI 200 HP 2.5
    4 Blade Trophy 24P

17. Member
    BFL Regional on Upper Chesapeake, in 1st place coangler after 2 days, paired with 1st place boater. Had 3 in the box on a slow bite day, threw a Paca craw under a dock and got a tap-tap. Set the hook and could feel it was a keeper, got wrapped on a piling and broke off with 1/2 hour to go. Weighed in, lost 1st by 1#4 oz and the $40K boat, motor, trailer pkg. Second was $250 and did get to go to Wilson Lake for the All American.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12