UFP A 60 Breakaway safety cable

Bought a used boat that didnt have the safety cable installed. Virginia requires one to pass the yearly trailer safety inspection. So I ordered a new one from Ranger, $19, not bad. Installed it tonight and let me tell ya, since I have never done it before, it was slightly difficult. Used dowel rod to keep the rollers in place and slid the whole thing out the back of the swing tongue. Once I got it out and seen how it all works, it was much easier to understand. All in all I took 30 minutes, start to finish. Now that I have done it once, I could do the whole job in ten minutes now. Its not that bad. If anyone has one of these to do, hit me up if you need some pointers
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

Good job . Any pics / history for the cart?

The cart is a 1976 Harley Davidson. I bought it from a farmer in Alma, MI. The body was all cracked up and the engine was removed and taken apart in a rubber made container and full of water. Did a frame up restoration on it. I spent a lot of time finding new, original AMF parts to rebuild it. Everything on the cart is original except for the aluminum kick plate that goes around the base of the body. I made that. I ended up using the old crankcase, but bought most of the components for the engine still in original AMF wrapping and put the engine together. It is a two stroke that runs forward and backwards depending on direction of travel. All the chrome I found at different cart shops around the country, still in original AMF wrapping. It was pretty neat searching for all that stuff and I lucked out and found a lot of stuff that places still had on their parts rack.

I took the frame down to metal and painted it black. The fiberglass body needed extensive repair. It was cracked all over the place. Lots of fiberglass mat layup and resin rolling, just like ya see in the bass boat construction videos. After lots of sanding and shaping, I had it looking like new and ready for paint. Painted it myself, in a downdraft booth, baked, sanded, more paint, more baking, more sanding, then lots of clear coat. Created a pin stripe detail between the red and white, by the way I taped it off with the two colors. The paint job is pristine. My mom recovered the seats for me and added the red piping at the seams. Looked awesome. Had many people offer me a lot of money for that cart when I finished it. Kept it for about ten years and drove it quite a bit and sold it in 2016, for a good chunk of cash. It still looked great and ran great when I sold it. Super fun project
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

Thanks for the info and you did a fantastic job on your cart, it looks really good! I missed a chance on a 3 wheel Harley last spring. It was on the side of the road with a 4 sale sign. I was towing a trailer and not able to get turned around. Was prepared to stop next trip, but it was gone. Seeing yours makes me even more disappointed I missed it.