Another fishing story that hurt bad

It started out that I was not going to be able to fish this weekend. We have been pretty busy wrapping vehicles this past week and a few more on the way. Then my twins decide one wants to go roller skating Friday night until 11:00 at night, so I don't get home till about midnight. So I decide not to go fishing Sat. Then my other twin decides he want to go to the tractor pull on Saturday night so again I don't get home till about midnight. My brother tells me before I leave for the tractor pull he is fishing Sunday (at daylight). My old arse needs some beauty sleep but tell him I will go.

SO Sunday morning I get over his house at 6:30 and we head to the Mattaponi. We get in the water and head to Walkerton. We start fishing and next thing you know Larry has caught 3-4 on a spook one being a nice 2lb 8oz bass. Then he gets hung up and jerks it free flying at 1000mph towards him at slaps him in the arm. He then says "yep it got me" Luckily only 1 treble got him but it is buried to the shank. Here we go again. I pull some 65lb braid out and with a quick snatch it pops out eazy peezy. This is the fourth time I have pulled a hook out in about 2 years. I swear it is harder on me that the person with the hook in them. I have pulled one out of my son, my cousin, my wife, an now my brother. The line trick works great. The best thing I did was learn to do it properly. So if you don't know how to do it, learn it. It will save a fishing day.

So we continued to fish and it was an ok day ( we only fished about 6-7 hours). We caught about 10 fish nothing of great size. My cousin did catch a 3lb 4 oz. But my brother whooped my butt again.

Happy Fishing!!!
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

I made me a handy tool for the hook removing trick if I'm fish by myself or with my wife because she says no way no how even though I had to us it on her. I've used it three times in four years once on my wife has I said, once on a guy at the ramp one afternoon who was coming in to head to the ER has my wife and I was launching our boat. I told him I can help you out and save you trip to the ER. He was amazed and once on myself.
    All I did was take about 10 inches of 80lb braid and 2 key rings that fit over my fingers tied a key ring on each end of the braid, works great.

3. Member
    That is a good idea. I think I will get a couple rigged up.
    Thanks
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

4. Member
    Thanks for a report and helping to keep this board alive.

BUT, you are not man enough to pull a hook out of me . Lol. Yeah, ok, call me a sissy. I can take it.

5. Member
    Seems everyone is on Facebook!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pigs View Post
    Seems everyone is on Facebook!
    Yea he posted a pic
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx